Looking to install Amber country Variant (GB) - need help!

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have paid my 3 euro and installed Navifirm+ (2.4) as I want to get away from my UK EE ROM (I actually use an O2 SIM card as I had it unlocked).
I went into Navifirm and tried to download the ROM, but could find the Lumia 920 white so I downloaded the Lumia 920 black - will this make any difference?

I then installed the Nokia Care suite (patched) from the How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 12 easy steps! thread.

The instructions in there tell me to put the ROM in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products but I don't even have a c:\ProgramData folder.

Please help!!!!!!

All I want to achieve is to have a UK country variant Amber installed.

One other question, in order to retain immediate google email download (my company uses corporate gmail accounts) do I need to install the CV pre amber first, set up email then go through the phone for updates or is there a better way? If I do need the pre-amber CV, what is its product code?

I don't mind my phone being reset, in fact I am quite happy for that, get rid of all the rubbish I have accumulated!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For setting up the e-mail, just go ahead and set it up after going through the Amber update. Chances are the OTA update will just push the EE Variant anyway.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
you might need to goto C:\ProgramData\Nokia\ and make the last folder eg C:\ProgramData\Nokia and make a Packages folder and add to that a \Products folder.
make sure your looking in C:\ProgramData and NOT C:\Programfiles\Nokia\Packages\Products

youll be much happier once you flash your new software, i bought a vodafone 920 from the uk but live in New Zealand so i flashed my local unbranded software, boot time and othe r stuff is awesome :)

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
you might need to goto C:\ProgramData\Nokia\ and make the last folder eg C:\ProgramData\Nokia and make a Packages folder and add to that a \Products folder.
make sure your looking in C:\ProgramData and NOT C:\Programfiles\Nokia\Packages\Products

youll be much happier once you flash your new software, i bought a vodafone 920 from the uk but live in New Zealand so i flashed my local unbranded software, boot time and othe r stuff is awesome :)

Having installed the nokia Care program, I don't even have a c:\ProgramData!!!!!! I have c:\Program Files

Michael

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@mmarksx19

I have an EE branded L920 and I simply updated via NSU retail to the Euro Dev Amber update.
Went in first time with no problems.
Have you tried this way yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6