Looks like I will return the 1520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there are definitely some places where one carrier is going to be better than another due to signal coverage. While AT&T has excellent coverage in most places for me I do get signal issues when I visit my parents.

I can still make and receive calls without issue usually, but the data connection out that far leaves something to be desired. Where they live is almost a cell dead spot. It's just bad with nearly any provider.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Why are commenting on this thread if the thread offends you?

How else am I to register my displeasure with the people that post threads with sensational headlines like "Looks like I will return the 1520." I am very interested in purchasing this phone and I have been looking out for any negative threads so I can spot potential problems before I purchase the phone. It's just very irksome to click on a thread looking for insightful information and only discovering a bizarre complaint that the phone is exactly as advertised.

And as far as your comments regarding big phones being all the rage I have read multiple reviews of this device by reviewers that have downgraded their rating of the phone for... wait for it... being six inches! WTF? I mean why would you review a car and then deduct points because it's not a bus?

I don't expect everyone to want a six inch phone. In a way I was a little surprised by the phablet being the hero device. The Samsung Note pretty much created the phablet genre and it was widely panned at launch but it got a pretty big cult following. Having said that though it's sales numbers were no where near as robust as its smaller hero device siblings. So I understand wanting to have devices in the smartphone, phablet, and tablet space but I really thought they would have come out with a 4.7 inch quadcore, HD, SD enabled hero device as well, maybe something with a 1020 type camera.

pcworld.idg.com.au said:
The Samsung Galaxy Note is big. Very big. It measures almost 150mm tall and 83mm wide, so it does feel awkward to hold single-handedly. It also looks strikingly odd when held up to your ear on a phone call. If, like us, you have average sized hands then you're more than likely going to find the Galaxy Note too big to use as your primary smartphone.

Samsung Galaxy Note Android phone Review - Brand Centre - Samsung - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys, whoever is unsatisfied with their devices, please send em over to me. I will gladly take em off your hands. All donations are greatly appreciated :)

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
And there's me receiving an email saying no white stock until the 18th of December, while you have used it, found it you didn't really like the size, used a different phone and then gone back to it again.

Life just isn't fair sometimes.

bruce1099

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Really sorry I started the thread. Some very strong minded people on here. It was my decision to get the 1520 and try it for a few days after playing with it in the store. I dont think anyone knows if they want carry a phone until they have tried it. But it was my decision and my right to do so. For me the phone is just too big to carry. For others it is fine. I expressed an opinion about the size for me which is also my right to do so.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I expressed an opinion about the size for me which is also my right to do so.

Here in America that's usually the defense of someone who has done something indefensible.

Gun rights advocates across the country plan to openly carry firearms at Starbucks coffee shops on Friday in appreciation of the company's policy that allows gun owners to do so in states that it is legal.

Some gun owners in Connecticut said Thursday they plan on open carrying their firearms at a Newtown store on Friday.

On the Facebook group, "Starbucks appreciation day," the event's organizers say, "Starbucks is allowing us to lawfully carry firearms in their store. Recently, they have been the target of unjust attacks from certain groups that do not support our right to bear arms. We will thank starbucks (sic) for standing up for our right to bear arms by going there on Friday...

"We ask that if you choose to carry a firearm during this event that you follow all local, state, and national laws; and if you choose not to carry that you wear pro-gun rights apparel," according to the page.

The page bears a recreation of the Starbucks logo showing the mermaid holding two guns and bearing the slogan "I love guns & coffee."

Gun advocates praise Starbucks for open carry policy with appreciation day, including in Newtown

You do have a right to an opinion but in the future try and consider if whatever is going on with you is really a reportable event and if so try and find a different way of expressing it other than a sensational title like "Looks like I will return the 1520 ."

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have average sized hands and use it just fine. My fianc?e has fairly small hands (about half the size of mine) and can also use the phone fine.

No being a giant required :p

cayano

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought to return my red Lumia 1520 also, but when I went back to my Lumia 1020 or iPhone 5S, I missed the beautiful Lumia 1520 screen. I decided to keep it.

redbluff

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Here in America that's usually the defense of someone who has done something indefensible.

Gun advocates praise Starbucks for open carry policy with appreciation day, including in Newtown

You do have a right to an opinion but in the future try and consider if whatever is going on with you is really a reportable event and if so try and find a different way of expressing it other than a sensational title like "Looks like I will return the 1520 ."
I tthin will report it just like I did, again my right. If you don't like it you done have to read much less comment on it.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The size is polarizing. I am on the fence to buy one. Its beautiful but a tad too big for a phone. Unless your Andre the Giant.

I think it's comments like this that is polarizing. The biggest complaint about the 1520 is it's size. Well it is a 6 inch phone! If it's too big for your taste alright but why complain about it?
Many of us that have been with WP since WP7 have consistently had to listen too this platform being berated. Yes a lot of it has been deserved and that's alright but fine something else to complain about besides this phone's size. You know it's a six inch phone before you try it.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i dont understand the premise of this thread. ok you dont like the phone so you returned it. why making a thread to tell us you returned it is a good idea? of course you're going to get some people that defend the phone or windows phone. there are people that love it while you didnt. this kind of thread telling us that you returned it never ends well. you could have just returned it and left it at that. these kinds of threads are normally a way of putting down a phone while being passive aggressive about it. do you make this thread hoping to get some sympathizers about you returning your lumia 1520? i just dont see why making a thread telling us you returned your 1520 is good. it's your decision, not ours.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The OS killed the phone from me. From a company that markets its tablets as productivity devices, I'd expect a phablet to have at least ONE feature from all that. Instead there's nothing. No side-by-side multitasking, no USB support, no file manager, no proper Office. It's a damn shame.

It's supposed to be a little tablet, not a giant phone.

21stNow

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's comments like this that is polarizing. The biggest complaint about the 1520 is it's size. Well it is a 6 inch phone! If it's too big for your taste alright but why complain about it?
Many of us that have been with WP since WP7 have consistently had to listen too this platform being berated. Yes a lot of it has been deserved and that's alright but fine something else to complain about besides this phone's size. You know it's a six inch phone before you try it.

Some people feel that it's necessary to comment on the size, though the thoughts are already obvious to others. On Android Central, we still have threads saying that "I should have gotten the Galaxy S4 because the Note 3 is too big". The Note series is on its third iteration now and I would think that the size of the devices wouldn't surprise anyone at this point, but evidently I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb