Lost my Angry Birds Star Wars progress/save/data? Can I recover it?

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
So after having to restart my phone after my music just stopped working, Angry Birds Star Wars, along with a few other apps, "blacked out" or "blanked" out, or in otherwords their tiles became blank or black and they couldn't be opened. I've had this before so I uninstalled the apps and reinstalled them, this time on my phone since I think it's a sd card issue with these few same apps it keeps happening to. Except this is the first time Angry Birds was affected, possibly because this time I had it pinned to my start menu?

Either way, when I open Angry Birds after the reinstallation, all my unlocked characters, completed levels, etc. are ALL GONE. I did some quick research and this seems to be a thing for windows phone users. But isn't the app backup feature - which I used both before and after the uninstall/reinstall process - supposed to solve this?

If not, is there anything I should have done/can do to either bring back my apparently lost progress and/or prevent this from ever happening again?? PLEASE HELP!!

Jiri Matejka

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I am afraid that uninstalling the app always leads to loss of all data associated with it. Apps saves all data to Isolated Storage - a separate space on disk / card dedicated to it - and if you uninstall the app the Isolated Storage is cleared. Apps list is backed up so you can easily install all apps again without necessity to pay again. But not the app data.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Apps developers need to update their apps to use the windows phone cloud backup feature... it's really easy but some are just too lazy. Since rovio hasn't even bothered to let you sign in with a rovio account in their games on WP, i think your progress are gone (it's one of the reasons i don't use their apps)

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately not. I've even tried copying the installed folder from my SD Card and putting it back but that didn't work. So the progress is stored somewhere else. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do :(

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE: I moved Angry Birds - and the other apps that would black out after restarting the phone - from my SIM back to my phone, and after having to restart my phone recently, I see that those apps no longer black out and my (new) game data remains intact. So, for now, that works great, and since only a few apps I use are affected, moving them back to my phone doesn't take up a lot of memory storage so I'm happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss