Lost the Show More Tile function

Ethan Weiss

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
So I recently used Nokia's recovery tools to update my Lumia 1520 from the 8.1 preview to the full ATT cyan update. So far the phone works fine except I'm missing the option to show more tiles on my home screen, it is just simply no longer existent. Is there some way to update the start+theme hub separately or a work around to force it on?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I thought the 1520 and 1320 only showed 3 columns of medium sized tiles and you couldn't toggle that to 2 columns like on smaller devices. Post a screenshot of your start screen as it is right now.

Ethan Weiss

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I do have three medium tiles across, but before I ran the update I had the option to make my home screen space smaller. Its not so much something I wanted to use, however I had the option under the 8.1 preview prior to cyan. I guess by your reaction I shouldn't of had that option to begin with.

Mario Flamenco

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
If you make all the titles the smallest you can have up to 6 columns like this:

wp_ss_20140907_0001.jpg

to make them smaller you just have to keep on pressing the title that you want to change size.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I think that phones with full HD screens don't have that option. We already have the "more tiles" by default.
Seems true but is at least a small mistake for MS to force "more tiles". Somewhere out there are people with 4.5" MS phones and weak eyes who want a bigger phone like a 1520 so it would be easier to read things in apps and in live tiles. But they find the live tiles are even smaller than on their old phone.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll admit,I think it's be cool if you could get two columns on the 1320 and other 5+ devices

On the 1520, one tile will then be around 500 pixels in height and width. I don't think 3rd party apps have such high resolution graphics for their tiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)