Low alarm volume after updating to Anniversary on Win 10 Mobile

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that since I updated my Lumia 950 XL to Anniversary, my wake up alarm sounds a lot lower in volume.

Is this a bug, or is it due to some change in the OS, or new option?

If it helps, the phone is in the "Do Not Disturb" mode (the moon icon) when the alarm sounds. But before UA this didn't have any effect on the volume. IIRC, the sound is supposed to rise.

Is there a place where I can check and configure the volume for this alarm?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that since I updated my Lumia 950 XL to Anniversary, my wake up alarm sounds a lot lower in volume.

Is this a bug, or is it due to some change in the OS, or new option?

If it helps, the phone is in the "Do Not Disturb" mode (the moon icon) when the alarm sounds. But before UA this didn't have any effect on the volume. IIRC, the sound is supposed to rise.

Is there a place where I can check and configure the volume for this alarm?

Alarm volume does rise, On mine after 3 mins it shouts . Maybe try others sounds, even in preview you can listen volume rising effect

Yapchagi

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
yeah I have this problem too. I hate it. I don't know why they changed it. I want the alarm to start at the highest volume from the start. Sometimes I'm listening to my mp3 on my PC and I want my phone to tell me it is time to go.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
yeah I have this problem too. I hate it. I don't know why they changed it. I want the alarm to start at the highest volume from the start. Sometimes I'm listening to my mp3 on my PC and I want my phone to tell me it is time to go.
Time to go isn't a Alarm, that's a Calendar reminder. Try it and you'll be satisfied.

abubasim

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't find a way to choose between fixed or increasing volume for the alarm. Note that this also applies to the timer function. I use short timers like 15 or 30 seconds for interval training. I have to stop and look over at the phone to see if the time has elapsed. I can't wait for more than half a minute to hear a 15 second timer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro