Low Phone Storage on Lumia 720

Aseem11

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I need more space to install Asphalt 7, unfortunately mu phone is running low on storage. But the question is when I open phone storage from settings it shows 2.10 GB is taken by other, what does it mean? I want to delete that others to make up some space for more apps. Please help me know if we can delete this 'others' contents.:unhappysweat:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130704_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130704_0001.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 17

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you used the storage check - 2nd to last setting? as this will let you clean out your temporary files and move your maps to SD card. However if you don't have it download the beta from

Lumia Storage Check | Nokia Beta Labs

You will need to sign up, also you will need to clean out your internet explorer history individually, by opening internet explorer then ... -> scroll down to settings -> delete history. Best do this after you have bookmarked the sites you frequent but haven't bookmarked them.

I presume you are already using the SD card for pictures, music and videos?

Also once you install asphalt 7, would will need to clean out the temporary files.. for me it was 1 gig!

Aseem11

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply buddy.
Yes I have storage app and I already deleted the temporary files, although I couldn't delete the 220 MB I think we can't delete that, it remains on temporary files . Now I have deleted the history of Internet explorer but didn't do much help.
I have some pdfs of around 250 mb stored on phone storage since you cannot store it on SD Card but I think that comes in the 'app data' not in 'other'. I wanna know what this 'other' thing contains and also I have 3 emails accounts synchronised and it stores emails from last month but I don't think that would take 880MB since I don't have that much content on my emails. See the files I've attached in this thread if that helps.

And yes I am using SD Card for music, photos and videos and they are stored on SD card.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130704_0004.png
    wp_ss_20130704_0004.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
  • wp_ss_20130704_0003.png
    wp_ss_20130704_0003.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 12
  • wp_ss_20130704_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130704_0002.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 10

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm....does not looks like that you have much of options here - you should think of uninstall applications to get Asphalt 7 on:shocked:

Leonardo Alves

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you used the storage check - 2nd to last setting? as this will let you clean out your temporary files and move your maps to SD card. However if you don't have it download the beta from

Lumia Storage Check | Nokia Beta Labs

You will need to sign up, also you will need to clean out your internet explorer history individually, by opening internet explorer then ... -> scroll down to settings -> delete history. Best do this after you have bookmarked the sites you frequent but haven't bookmarked them.

I presume you are already using the SD card for pictures, music and videos?

Also once you install asphalt 7, would will need to clean out the temporary files.. for me it was 1 gig!
How do I move maps to SD Card?

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
How do I move maps to SD Card?

Try using Lumia Storage Checker, under the Maps option there should be a change option > Select at the "Store Maps on> SDCARD" You must first uninstall your current maps before doing this, otherwise that will not work. With the new download it should be on the SDCARD.

jonjerome

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here, Lumia 720 with 8gb internal memory (7.2gb usable memory, being eaten by almost 2gb system memory plus 1.4gb media memory whats left for us to be really used to dl games and apps is REALLY limited with 4gb :straight: )

You can try what I did for installing the Asphalt 7.
Download the app via PC and transfer the downloaded file to your SDcard of Lumia 720, then open your Store, Check the SDcard option below, from there you can pick Asphalt 7 and install it as it will try to download via Wifi.

Ravi Teja Sonai

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
what is this "others" ..eating nearly 3gb of memory. i have no space for my pics and videos.. can anyone pls help me how can i delete those "others" ? :unhappy:

Matthew Simon

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Others is data in a app some some you have not browser or any Internet app could be a game or a cleaner app that you didn't clear up the files but you run a cleaning test and it holding the data. I had 1.7 other when I check system check I see it was my system clear app the cleans tem files had take it up and stored it waiting for me to press delete so long carefully.

Matthew Simon

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Check in apps in the system check you will see all you apps and how much temp file it have in it and the app real size the largest is on top so as you open it you must see what app is holding so much storage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf