LUMIA 1020 battery drains heavily

T0shi

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Great iam happy your issue is solved....i told u I had the same problem... Even I'm loving my 1020.... Waiting for windows 10 now

Thank you! Yeah, you were right - and I guess many of 1020 owners might be suffering with a same issue....scary!

Radu BARAC

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Great device, bought one last week, works smoth with Denim.
This is my first windows phone, I am impressed....but the buttery drains like beer on a hot summer day.
It is not a big issue casu you can always find an external battery...Hevent got the chance to try out the camera...but it draind juice out of the battery.
All the best...

T0shi

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
>pajopatak, Radu BARAC
How much is your battery draining? As far as I can tell after what I have gone through, if that's 10% or over/hour when you are not really doing anything, there might be something wrong with your handset.

I used to have 10~15% battery draining before (even without doing anything , even in flight mode) and now rarely exceeds 3~4% unless I use it really heavily. Now it's hard for me to drain battery more than 10%/hour even if I use wifi, location, NFC/bluetooth, internet, four emails accounts running.

Radu BARAC

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
---T0shi ....I have 7 email accont active ( 2 hours ), I have wifi always on, location on, tap to wake on, brightness on automatic....at 9.00 am I am on 100% battery and around 14.00 pm 50-55% ( web browsing, taking 10-20 photos ) . When I start taking photos it discharges like hell...maybe I am not used to battery consumption, yet...
I do have warranty till 06.2016...but I dont think its is a bettery issue, yet...at least I hope so...

Radu BARAC

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Well my battery seems to be OK, great I would say.Last night I did a hard reset + soft reset + restore from backup, I unpluged my phone at 7.00 am and now its 20:52 pm and I am still on 41% battery left. I am finaly happy !

Robotboyv02

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: LUMIA 1020 battery drains heavily

I found that it was my Gmail hanging up during it's sync. I removed the account and setup Hotmail to test the difference. Hotmail has not hung up like Gmail had. Right before I pinned it on the email sync, I turned off all apps, uninstalled apps, even ran in battery saver mode to find that it was the email sync draining the battery. I re-added my Gmail account and activated apps one by one. I am now back to 1% to 5% loss instead of 35% an hour. :winktongue:

Last edited:

yatheendra moray

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
i was having the same problem(lumia 1020).... after updating the 4g update the phone charging doesnt last long for atleast two days
i did soft reset but it did nothing at all .. so i formatted the phone with recovery tool .. and it is back to cyan update

david oneill

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
My lumia 1020 battery's draining so heavily ( 94% - 8 hrs remaining ) i tried doing the soft reset, disabled all the background apps, turned off the settings, at last even did a hard reset and installed all the apps again and after two days it still on to the same issue... :crying:
Anyone facing the same issues ? :unhappysweat:

Robbert Lucassen

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
I have noticed same issues with my 1020. I had an OS upgrade to Windows 10 (Insider) and it got even worse. Phone heated up like it was short circuited. Obviously this phone was not kindly managed by Nokia or Microsoft for that matter. It takes a lot of tuning to optimize the OS. It wasn't done, instead they pumped up the power ven more to be able to get good 1080p out of it. I degraded back to Windows 8.1 (Latest) and somehow that is what you should be using with this phone. It isn't perfect and nowhere near a Lumia 640 XL. Just does not has the optimization required to get a full day of usage out of it. I changed my battery to. Same usage. So, you got to be clear on this. It's a great phone that should have had a camera only option, so you could use it as a standalone dedicated camera. It's a never ending story probably Nokia saw coming and put things on the side. End of story. Only a custom rom could safe this device from vanishing in history.

Robbert Lucassen

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
Good thinking. I noticed that my 1020 is draining battery even if i switch it off. It just depletes and after 5 hours it is dead. There is a short that is always using some current over a resistor. It's the yellow flat-cable integrated into the back of the aluminium chassis for wireless charging. It's pins connect to your battery directly and has a internal resistance of 210 K Ohm. It drains besides from whatever you do. It is like a mini heater that silently warms up your device by using 300mA constant drain. Unbelievable, right? I have considered to make a read contact so i can disable the connection with a magnet. It means basically you will have to bootup everytime you want to use the device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124