Lumia 1020 Cases/Grips/Covers

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just received this Nillkin Super Frosted Shield, for those who want a simple hardcase yet providing protection for the camera case as well. and for under $15 sgd ($12 usd) is just solid.

NILLKIN? ????

WP_20131017_02_18_45_Pro.jpg

Belows were taken by Lumia 920

WP_20131017_02_29_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20131017_02_29_53_Pro.jpg

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add that the s-line tpu case above that I mentioned using is causing really appalling flare on my photos from the flash. Was briefly worried that there was a fault on the camera, but on testing it with and without the case, it's definitely the case.

beyonddc

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this off Ebay. It has double layers. It has a soft shell and then a hard cover. The hard cover is made out of very cheap plastic. It's nothing compare to what you see from Otterbox box case but for less than $10 bucks, I think it is well worth it.

IMG_7866.JPG
IMG_7867.JPG
IMG_7868.JPG

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I like that tedded one. Looks nice. Ideally I would like to add a Qi charger underneath.
Cant believe there arent more wireless charging options????

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this off Ebay. It has double layers. It has a soft shell and then a hard cover. The hard cover is made out of very cheap plastic. It's nothing compare to what you see from Otterbox box case but for less than $10 bucks, I think it is well worth it.

Do you have a link? That is exactly what I have been looking for since Incipio didn't make one for the 1020.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to find it on ebay by search "1020 perforated" - thanks for the post!

Last edited:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I am really annoyed that 99% of the third party cases have the stupid useless wireless contact charging hole on the back of the cover. I mean really how careless can the case designer be to not even research the phone they are making a case for?

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am really annoyed that 99% of the third party cases have the stupid useless wireless contact charging hole on the back of the cover. I mean really how careless can the case designer be to not even research the phone they are making a case for?
Ha-ha I know what you mean. I am baffled why the cases comes with the holes at the back when it won't serve any purpose!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 47706
View attachment 47707
View attachment 47708

This would probably be perfect for cutting out a small slice in back of the soft part and wedging in the wireless shell. Do you think that would be feasible?

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
How about this case with lens protecor ,with different leather pattern?
Nokia Lumia 1020 leather protector brown | Gadget2us- DIY / DESIGN / Factory

That just looks way too cheap for my taste. Its nice that is has a lens cap but I am looking for something of better quality. + I don't like that it's not a simple snap in design but instead it is one of those cases that is a pain to put on and take off the phone; not ideal when I want a case that I regularly take off to use the Nokia camera grip.

I am currently considering the Noreve case for 50eur [http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/product/Nokia_Lumia_1020_Tradition_leather_case.html], it is a bit pricey but its from real French leather and looks well made. I just wish they included a lens cap with that one, that would make it an instant buy even at 50eur.

deannah2

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I am currently considering the Noreve case for 50eur [http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/product/Nokia_Lumia_1020_Tradition_leather_case.html, it is a bit pricey but its from real French leather and looks well made. I just wish they included a lens cap with that one, that would make it an instant buy even at 50eur.

I ordered this one on 10/22 but ordered the tan color which will take 14 days for delivery. It looks beautiful, but do wish it had a lens covering. Will post back after I receive it.

annellis35

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the ABACUS flip book from amazon. It was less than $10 and is bright pink which is easily seen where ever it is. It offers 2 credit card slots, an ID slot and cash slot with a wallet style magnetic closure. I can use the lanyard and like it very much. It does NOT have any grip however, so be careful... it can slide around a bit. It does not offer any substantial phone protection but I traditionally have not dropped or broken my phones in the past.
My phone is yellow... and the bright color peaks out at the top and bottom of the case.. cool!
For the price and style, I like this cover.
Amazon.com: Wallet Case Flip Cover for Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera Phone with Abacus24-7 RFID Blocking Sleeve (Pink): Cell Phones & Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss