Lumia 1020 Nokia Update Released

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Had a plan to not update immediately when any updates become available until I see the review from other users if any serious bugs found...
failed miserably..cannot hold the urge to update...updating now lol

LOL. I know how it feels. I generally can't help myself but to update if my phone is telling me an updated version is available. Curiosity will eventually kill this cat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've only just noticed this update after being told about a few application updates. One of which was to update to the new Nokia Cam app. The description for this made mention that the device software needs updating to fully benefit from the apps features.
Trouble is I'm nearly out of battery so will need to charge my phone first

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

murtagh360

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Just updated on my unlocked 1020 with 3 on gdr3 preview. It didn't notify me but when I searched for it, the update popped up on the screen.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Once you have updated the phone if you go to apps and update the camera app you get the new Nokia Camera App which is a combined Smart Capture and Pro Capture in one, seems to be a few new features included in this. Also it seems to have totally got rid of the yellow cast and the post processing that seemed to happen when you went to view the photo.
I got the camera update without this Nokia update. I'm on 3045.0000.1325.0001. Just FYI.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
could anyone on o2 uk please do me a favour and tweet them about the update and let them know that getting it to users of the 64gb model would seem like a good idea seeing as they have an exclusive ;-) nice1 hope youre all well and enjoying the 1020 :)

I tweeted them and nokia uk late last night so hoping for a response today (its still early in the uk)

j3reun

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have it installed just a few seconds ago, hence its 'migrating files' right now! I let you guys know my findings

EDIT: Oh btw i'm in Holland and have a unlocked device

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I got the camera app update on Monday and the other update was waiting this morning when I turned on the phone. I'm using an unlocked phone on 3 (UK).
I have noticed that now my flash isn't working on the smart cam, though it works on the main cam. But the yellow tinge seems to have gone from the photos, which I'm really thrilled about.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera App been working fine, then saw this thread and checked for a firmware update. Downloading now.

Unlocked 1020 on 3. Seems this update is only getting to unlocked devices at present.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Also just realised after the update that my Glance screen now doesn't turn off when I turn the phone over. Previously I had the Glance settings on 'always on', but it turned off when I put the phone on it's face, really liked that as it saved battery. Hmmm.

Gustave54

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have it installed just a few seconds ago, hence its 'migrating files' right now! I let you guys know my findings

EDIT: Oh btw i'm in Holland and have a unlocked device

Which provider? I have an unlocked 1020 with a KPN subscription but no update yet. (I have the GDR3 also. OS: 80.10512.142 fw 3049.0000.1330.1001)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the camera app update, but I'm guessing since I'm on AT&T in the U.S., that it'll be a while before I see an OTA firmware update... fml :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb