Lumia 1020 Release in India

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Sigh,
If they had tagged it at 41 you might complaint its too much they should put it at 35k, and the story never ends.
Have you seen Note 3?, its 50k and its selling quite well. I do know it is a different OS and stuff, but hey, Samsung launches like 100 models in a year, which simply means the price of older models falls like crazy at a fast pace. Nokia doesn't do that so their price stays stable for longer term ;), I am not sure if you know that 920 was launched at 38k and made really good sales even at that price with the USP of the OIS Camera, 1020 has a bigger USP, 41 Megs ;)

See, 41 K I do think is viable, feasible and well I might shell it out. Don't compare with note 3. The Note has a different spec and OS.. I know Samsung launches 100 models but that's not the point.. I did buy the Lumia 920 at launch for 38,200 because it was worth it at that price but 50,000 on a phone which has 41 megs and nothing else as differentiating is just pushing it a lot.. I hope whoever buys is happy with their purchase but I, for one, shall let this pass until the prices go down to ~40 K.. Pfft, 50 K Nokia.. What were you thinking :-D

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Well its known, Lumia 925 MRP is 38K , naturally 1020 will be 40K plus. I'm not sure if they will price it at launch 45K but that will be way too costly..

Called it at MRP 40K+ it's at a whopping 50K MRP which means probably 43-45K at other places. Still very expensive. It's on its own segment, way more costlier than other premium handsets. The only differniator for this phone is it's unique 41MP camera, nothing else. The hardware is clearly overpriced, they're making huge profit out of this hype!!

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've waited for 2-3 months for this phone
..................saw the price now & it is disappointing..
Lumia 925...here I come...

20k (350$) extra for 41MP cam = not worth it..

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess...each to its own....some pppl will buy no matter wats the price....and some will wait till the price drops...but this emi scheme ppl r buying even note 3 at 49k.....soo I dint buy note 3 soo iam buying lumia 1020 wic I always wanted an upgrade to my 808....trying windows for the 1st time...I will lot of simple fuctions frm symbian....but I love the 1020 :D

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess...each to its own....some pppl will buy no matter wats the price....and some will wait till the price drops...but this emi scheme ppl r buying even note 3 at 49k.....soo I dint buy note 3 soo iam buying lumia 1020 wic I always wanted an upgrade to my 808....trying windows for the 1st time...I will lot of simple fuctions frm symbian....but I love the 1020 :D

Good luck to you mate :).. Hopefully you like it.. I'll hold out for one more month hoping the price drops to a realistic price.. ~41 K I can pursue.. Hope the phone works wonders for you.. Keep us updated,,

Harshv61

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
50,000 phone price+ 7,500 camera grip= 57,000 rs..!

As of now, Nokia what are you thinking..? :excited:

Last edited:

Harshv61

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually it wasnt ever strategy of Nokia, its Microsoft's.. And it will be beneficial for customers only as every mobile company will then have to reduce their prices as well..! :)

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
The thing is nokia shld knw tat they r not the fav anymore even if their products r superior to other companies..they have to price is below them. ...they need to earn good loyalist and increase market share. ..And I knew as they wld announce 1020 , 925 price had to be dropped. ..I knw I will get at dp price soo wont make much diff to me....but I guessI a months time it will retail at 44 to 45k....soo wen india will get 1520 in jan I guess...1020 will have another price drop...to 40k I guess....

ifly6e

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The thing is nokia shld knw tat they r not the fav anymore even if their products r superior to other companies..they have to price is below them. ...they need to earn good loyalist and increase market share. ..And I knew as they wld announce 1020 , 925 price had to be dropped. ..I knw I will get at dp price soo wont make much diff to me....but I guessI a months time it will retail at 44 to 45k....soo wen india will get 1520 in jan I guess...1020 will have another price drop...to 40k I guess....

Problem is that they would probably have lost a lot of fans/followers till the eventual price drop occurs.. I mean most of the competition is ~40 K-43 K bracket, with LG G2, Galaxy S4 being a little lower than that.. So, Nokia has got to price the phone to suit the market.. I do understand the $ situation but it's the same for everyone.. I know Lumia 1020 has an expensive camera but then all the other phones have a better screen, processor.. I know that WP8 is more fluid but I'm just talking about the cost!.. Anyways, enough of my rant.. how many people are actually thinking of buying it?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
If anyone was thinking that Nokia has gone nuts for releasing the 1020 for 50k, then check this out how eBay is advertising this phone so that 50k doesn't sound too much.

Untitled.jpg

PS: Its a snapshot of what I got from their mail.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
lol 63k, Nokia is going for a big fall here.
I do know that 1020 sells for 600 Pounds in GB, but hey isn't that the 64 Gig version?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
lol 63k, Nokia is going for a big fall here.

eBay is trying hard to make 50k sound less by showing the fake MRP price. This is how they advertise sh*t to us. They'll offer a sale price of a product which is infact the MRP and then fool people by displaying a bigger amount as MRP. This is basically the story of every other eCommerce website.

I do know that 1020 sells for 600 Pounds in GB, but hey isn't that the 64 Gig version?

Yeah, most probably.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
eBay is trying hard to make 50k sound less by showing the fake MRP price. This is how they advertise sh*t to us. They'll offer a sale price of a product which is infact the MRP and then fool people by displaying a bigger amount as MRP. This is basically the story of every other eCommerce website.

Yeah, most probably.

Quite true, but do note that the MRP at Nokia site is always a bit higher than the other sites which offer a generous discount and same warranty.
I remember seeing 720 @ 18ish K on Nokia Website and was available for 15.5K everywhere.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Quite true, but do note that the MRP at Nokia site is always a bit higher than the other sites which offer a generous discount and same warranty.
I remember seeing 720 @ 18ish K on Nokia Website and was available for 15.5K everywhere.

Yeah Nokia Indiatimes has comparatively high rates than other sites but 720 is still available between 16k-18k without discount coupon. Lucky for me I got it for 14.5k. But you gotta admit, eBay has literally gone mad here. :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124