Lumia 1020 sold off for 13999/- in Flipkart

tonygt92

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So who all will switch to a 730?
Is there a good difference in performance from the 1ghz to the 1.5 krait? With 2gb ram there will be less resuming now right.
I have a 525 and can upgrade to a 1020 for around the same price as a 730, camera is a big deal for me, is there any lag in taking pics in the 1020, any performance issues, as that's the main issue on which I am confused btwn 1020 and 730.
Also what's the mrp on the box, why is there a difference in price?

Last edited:

Ashish Bhandari

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
It's a nice phone. Rather bulky compared to the 720 but seems firm. The blurriness of the camera is there only until you provide a focus after which there are sharp photos. The phone is definitely fast but I expected way more speed than this. Of course the four times extra RAM may not totally help with speed but it definitely helps with multitasking. I can open a number of apps and switch between them seamlessly. The battery is definitely a concern especially coming from a 720 which has one of the best backups out there. But then again it's not dropping that fast, plus I'm really pushing the phone right now to perform more. Lots of downloading and app usage. It may take a week or two for it to stabilize. I'm happy that I can now stock up on photography apps and give them a whirl. Plus the store has more options for me now with this added RAM capacity. I need a cover soon, and until then I'll worry a lot about any damage. The slight increase in size has my fingers stretching more but I'm sure I'll get used to that. Anything more you'd like to know? :p

Can u please rate both 720 & 1020 out of 10??

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'll answer your questions at night when i get home, but for now i just wanted to share that i have bought this cover from ebay (link is below). just placed the order. it seems to cover everything properly and is soft silicone. it isn't too cheap nor is it expensive. the cover may make it bulky but i dont want to risk ruining the phone if i drop it. the sensor area is open which is good for photography. also, this type of case will give a better grip (i feel) while taking photographs (more stability):

Frosted Pudding Soft TPU Back Case FOR Nokia Lumia 1020 Grey | eBay

harisyousaf

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So who all will switch to a 730?
Is there a good difference in performance from the 1ghz to the 1.5 krait? With 2gb ram there will be less resuming now right.
I have a 525 and can upgrade to a 1020 for around the same price as a 730, camera is a big deal for me, is there any lag in taking pics in the 1020, any performance issues, as that's the main issue on which I am confused btwn 1020 and 730.
Also what's the mrp on the box, why is there a difference in price?

No heating problem in 730, no app resuming while switching between apps,very slim, light weight,bigger display.. Quadcore

Ashish Bhandari

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Finally mine too arrived :) it feels great.. awsm look, display.. main thing is speed... in lumia 720 app like music take some secs to open but 1020 speed is amazing :) yes camera images are not upto the expectations acc to 41 MP... & while charging phone gets heated... rest all gud... enjoying it.. :)

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered Nillkin case, it looked nice in the pics, covers the camera hump too.. Comes with screen guard and cloth.. Battery charges 0 to 100 in just one and half hour max, which is good but I think it has max on screen battery backup of about 4 hours only..

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Give me a few days to give my complete thoughts. Testing the phone and seeing if i can bring about battery improvements without destructive recharge cycles and also to wear out the novelty after which batteries generally perform better. Currently i completely blame whatsapp for the battery drain. of course, there are updates expected for both whatsapp and nokia camera soon. 8.1 was too big of a change and now apps need to be tuned to work with 8.1 for which i believe they're waiting for a mass adoption before rolling out such changes.

As of now i rate 1020 as 7/10 and 720 as 8/10.

the only reason 1020 is at 7 is for the battery. everything else is impressive. while i dont expect it to give me 720 battery performance, i would bump it up to a 9.5 atleast if the battery came to a day with medium use.

Note: i see some improvement in battery after uninstalling whatsapp, reinstalling it and then restarting the phone. eve my battery saver points to whatsapp leeching the battery the most.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay it did marginally improve but the battery still took a beating with 3G (H+) on.
switched to 2G (E) now. this may slow down the drain.

Hotam Kushwah

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
previous one is better than this ..that only have some black dots but new one has 3 line black line and it looks like as it drawn by a black sketch pen.lines r clearly visible at night time when lights are off. That's why I am going for replacement again.

Yogendra1911

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking this one "Amzer Mobile Back Cover For Nokia Lumia 1020 (Black & Red) - 97120"
Have anyone used this cover ?

Why does the price of L1020 is going down again and again ? Do you guys suspect anything ? as of now its of 23999/- for all colour varients on FK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124