Lumia 1520 irresponsive screen

plasmapuff

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Does uninstalling glance get rid of the function completely or will it retain the function but you can't the settings?

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Removing the Glance and Touch Apps appears to have fixed the problem for me while at work.

Once at home again I'll try a Factory Reset without updating those two to check if this might be an option too but for now It'll do.

Win Luck

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had similar problem with my Samsung i937, plus battery drain and over heat issue. What I found out is that defective charge cable and dust in device's USB charging port caused these problems. At the first, I clean the dust from phone's USB port that solved problems for few days then back again. At the end, I bought a new Samsung USB cable from the store and cleaned phone USB port one more time then problem solved.

rndmhero

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have also been dealing with the same issue on my 1520. Every morning when I take it off the charger it's completely unresponsive, and its started to do the same thing sporadically throughout the day. This is completely unacceptable, as I need my phone to work when I pick it up.

I have tried a factory reset, with all the work that entails, without updating touch and glance, only to wake up to a frozen phone this morning. I tried uninstalling touch and glance using the date trick, and while they're now off the settings list, I still very clearly have a glance screen active when the phone is locked.

I'm at my wits end with this and will likely be calling att this after noon to return it under warranty. This is absurd, and it has already consumed far too much of my time as is.

rndmhero

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Although, I suspect official support will be limited as 8.1 is not "officially" released for the 1520 yet. Has there been any word on when that might be?

allenyw

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So, I've gone back to wp8 from 8.1 and I'm still having a similar problem. I suspect at least in my case this is hardware related. I'm going to call att very soon to return under warranty.

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. I never had the issue with WP8.... So I'm hoping the problem will be solved with the official WP8.1 update.
And otherwise I will contact Nokia (or Microsoft?) soon...

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I changed the date then I uninstalled touch & glance but that did not help. My screen is acting like I am touching it when I'm not. Bing starts up by itself. Some times I can just turn the screen off and then back on. Other times I have to power off then back on to clear the problem.

Jim

Bas Roskamp

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there any word on a fix for this? I tried a soft rest, uninstall glance and touch but it still keeps on doing it. It just starts apps out of nowhere especcialy bing search and voice search.

Bas Roskamp

May 14, 2014
Visit site
The only things I could found where disabling touch and glance wich I did. The result was the same. Today I reverted back to WP8 but the problem still exsists. But I think it is less. Could this mean that it really is a hardware malfunction?

rndmhero

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm now resetting my phone on a daily basis from in being completely unresponsive. Has there been any word when an "official" 8.1 rollout is supposed to occur?

Ekon

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have to restart my phone everyday due to it locking up and the screen being unresponsive. Usually more then 3 times a day. I don't know why this problem is happening. It started about 2 weeks ago. I'm on dp 8.1 . Need a fix badly. Don't want to urgently need to use the phone and its suddenly frozen. It can be idle in my pocket and I pull it out and its frozen. Not good.

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem and hopefully I may have found an answer. For me it was switching to a different SD card. Nearly every time I had to restart my phone I kept receiving an error telling me scan my SD card. After doing this more than a few times I finally decided to try a new SD card and voila no more screen lock ups. Now this is not yet conclusive for it has been less than 48 hours since the switch but in that time I have not had to restart my phone which I was doing nearly every morning.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My touch was so bad that just about every time I went to unlock my 1520 the touch would mess up. Most of the time the touch would not work and if I did not turn the screen off the phone would start stuff on it's own like search, add to my alarm, take screen shots and other weird stuff.

About 5 hours ago I took my 2gb Microsd card out and put my 16gb card back in. So far my touch problem has not happened. Could it be that the Microsd card was the problem? I will know by the end of the day tomorrow. I will post back tomorrow.

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte