Lumia 1520 not getting notifications after Cyan update

W

WPCentral Question

Hey everyone.. i updated my Lumia 1520 to WP8.1 cyan yesterday.. its really awesome but i am not getting notifications from Whatsapp, Viber and Kik.. i have checked everything 'data sense' 'wifi sense' 'apps running in the background'..i tried reinstalling the apps but still facing the same problem.. Is anyone having the same issues and what could be done to solve it?
Reply would be much appreciated

Cheers

Wisnu1977

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone.. i updated my Lumia 1520 to WP8.1 cyan yesterday.. its really awesome but i am not getting notifications from Whatsapp, Viber and Kik.. i have checked everything 'data sense' 'wifi sense' 'apps running in the background'..i tried reinstalling the apps but still facing the same problem.. Is anyone having the same issues and what could be done to solve it?
Reply would be much appreciated

Cheers

Hammad Moghul

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have literally tried everything even hard reset and still the same.. i guess i will just have to wait for either the apps update or firmware. Its really annoying, i was expecting everything to work really well after Cyan update.

bugabootdlbonds

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You aren't alone with this. Since I got cyan on my 1520 I am not getting banner notifications for fitbit tracker and other apps I previously got. I was on the developers preview so I had to downgrade to 8.0 to get cyan. After I got it I used my backup on DP 8.1 to restore. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and they don't show up in notifications or actions. I have a 635 with cyan so I will check that to see if it is an 8.1 thing. I don't believe so since it worked on the DP.

EDIT:
After checking my 635, I saw more apps in the notifications + actions. I did a search and found this: social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20dd9ba8-2cbb-4733-be42-63770bb407ea/missing-apps-in-notificationsactions-settings-page?forum=winphoneosissues (I can't post links so add the http to the front of it)

Basically,
the extra apps do not show up until they actually send a notification to the action center. once they do, their names are added to the list in the settings page, and you can change their notification settings. until then, they are not in settings, so you cannot control their notifications beyond what can be done from within the app.

I forced an message through Facebook Messenger and the next thing I know it showed up in Notifications + Actions. I have Kik on the 635 and so it was showing there as well. My Fitbit Tracker still isn't showing notifications on either device so I'm going to contact those developers.

Last edited:

Hammad Moghul

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I understand that but now how do we force a notification to the action centre? I receive messages on kik, viber and whatsapp but I only see them when I open the apps.. So now do anyone know how do we make an app to send notification to the action centre?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You need to make sure that the apps you are using have toast notifications turned on. Once a toast shows up, the Notification Centre will register this and the app will then show up in NC. Its standard behaviour for 8.1....

bul bulket

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Same goes for me... Lumia 635.... Major app like WhatsApp n facebook not showing notification..

Whatsapp support said its Microsoft push notification issue.. I doubt that's the issue, it's more like a bug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte