APN: tfdata
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
WAP gateway (URL): mms3.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: (blank)

When I do ##3282# and go to bands active, it's disabling my LTE bands. Even if I enable them and save it just disables them again automatically. What gives? Data isn't working at all either, I have 4g according to the phone but can't load anything.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this a new SIM? Or a new problem on an existing SIM?

Your settings look right to me and are what I use on ST with an ATT flavor SIM except on WAP gateway I use the IP address equivalant of that domain name or 66.209.11.33. Even if that is off you would not get MMS but would still have data.

Got any more detail re: the first two questions?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never mind... I see from another thread you just switched... Give data a couple hours to kick in on a new port of your number to the service. Nothing to panic about...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How does your location look on the ATT coverage map? Should be LTE, yes? Or spotty?

I'm often sitting on 4G until I ask for data via using an App and then it snaps to LTE...

Also, Field Test (##3282#) > Accept > settings > Toggle ENS (reboot required) > toggle the ENS to off > Power down the phone from right on that screen and then power up (don't soft reset or it forgets you are making the change). Your phone may be stuck trying to get on the new ATT HD Voice (VoLTE) and as you are not authorized for it are getting denied... Disabling ENS (Enhanced Network Services) may allow you onto regular LTE. Go back in after the reboot and confirm that ENS is off and test for LTE.

Last resort (because any carrier's help people are a chore, IMHO) you could try ST chat and see if they will get you a reprovision. That might help...

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have found using Straight Talk's Facebook page gets a pretty quick response to issues. Open their FB page, click on support then click on "submit a support ticket". I've had some luck with this a few times.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an odd issue: I had perfect LTE data on Straight Talk with my ATT 1520, but now out in the boondocks I see four bars, the letters 4G, and absolutely zero network traffic. Checked the APN settings for the millionth time, looks fine. Any idea what could be going on?

Maybe relevant, this system has been taken apart and put back together for a screen replacement. Could something be damaged or loose? WiFi works fine, LTE worked fine, SMS and txt worked fine, but touch screen sometimes goes nuts (as if a ghost is swiping in random directions) and 4G doesn't seem to work.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an odd issue: I had perfect LTE data on Straight Talk with my ATT 1520, but now out in the boondocks I see four bars, the letters 4G, and absolutely zero network traffic. Checked the APN settings for the millionth time, looks fine. Any idea what could be going on?

Maybe relevant, this system has been taken apart and put back together for a screen replacement. Could something be damaged or loose? WiFi works fine, LTE worked fine, SMS and txt worked fine, but touch screen sometimes goes nuts (as if a ghost is swiping in random directions) and 4G doesn't seem to work.

Let ST know of your issue. It IS possible to be connected four bars, 4G and get no actual data flow. You have good signal strength and the tower has accepted a 4G protocol link to your phone. ***That does not mean data is actually flowing*** I get the same problem on multiple phones around Dallas and it always occurs in certain places connected to certain towers.

The problem is on their end.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Let ST know of your issue. It IS possible to be connected four bars, 4G and get no actual data flow. You have good signal strength and the tower has accepted a 4G protocol link to your phone. ***That does not mean data is actually flowing*** I get the same problem on multiple phones around Dallas and it always occurs in certain places connected to certain towers.

The problem is on their end.

Awesome thanks. I was worried because I just had the phone fixed, so I feared electronics trouble. But as you say, as soon as I drove out of that town I started getting 4g data. Phew!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb