Lumia 1520 vs. HTC One M8: Which should I get?

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello WP Central forums.

I am able to upgrade my phone here in November, so still a ways out. But, what I am wondering is what phone I should go with as my next Windows Phone. I first started using Windows Phone shortly after WP7 was released, I got an HTC Surround, still miss that speaker :). After that one was retired I move to the original HTC Titan, was a solid phone. I am currently rocking a Lumia 920. So far, my favorite of the 3, but not really a fair contest since the first two ran WP7.

Anyway, I am on AT&T and I heard that the HTC One (M8) would soon be on AT&T. I had my sights set on the Lumia 1520, then heard about the One, and now I cannot decide. Any here on the forums have any input? Regardless of whether or not it is an opinion I would love to hear what you have to say

By the time I can upgrade there may be something better anyway but, I would like to get some ideas, and thoughts from the forum members.

Thanks,
Nathan

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you might be disappointed with the camera on the M8 from coming From the Lumia 920. If size isn't an issue I would go for an unlocked 1520.3

I thought about that, and that is a very good point. I love the camera on my Lumia. I'm assuming I could buy an unlocked 1520.3 on Amazon or Ebay?

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you might be disappointed with the camera on the M8 from coming From the Lumia 920. If size isn't an issue I would go for an unlocked 1520.3

I now looked up the phone and sadly, the 1520.3 is too expensive for me to put on a phone all at once. I will either need to sign a two year contract through AT&T or use their AT&T Next Program.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I think in general the 1520 is a better device. That said, its also huge. If you are okay with the size of the phone and the sharp corners, I would go with the 1520. The HTC One will be much more comfortable in the hand. I suggest going to the store and holding them for a little while (provided they are even on display).

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Lumia Icon (smaller version of 1520 basically) I picked up the One M8 for Windows last week and absolutely love it. The camera isn't comparable but the HTC blows away the Icon in basically every other way. It really depends on how you are going to use it, if you really care about the Camera, get the 1520, but if not the HTC is awesome. You can always keep the 920 for pictures

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I really would miss the camera. But, I don't want a phone that feels to big to talk on. I guess I will have to go into the store when the M8 comes out for AT&T and compare them in size. Then make a decision based on that, and the price.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920. Its a heavy device, especially for its size. Unless im on speaker phone, I have to switch hands regularly because my arms get tired holding it up. I cant even imagine talking to someone for 20 minutes on a 1520. Unless you have a Bluetooth headset, go M8.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920. Its a heavy device, especially for its size. Unless im on speaker phone, I have to switch hands regularly because my arms get tired holding it up. I cant even imagine talking to someone for 20 minutes on a 1520. Unless you have a Bluetooth headset, go M8.

I have a 920 and do not find it heavy, however that 1520 is much larger so, I'll have to see about that as well.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got a 1520 myself. It is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. It's a head turner. I get many comments about it every day! People think it is very cool and it looking incredible in white. Could be happier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99