Lumia 520 - no sound without headset, and no Ringer option in Ringtone+Sound How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 520 - no sound without headset, and no "Ringer" option in "Ringtone+Sound"

For at least the past 2 weeks I have not had any sound from my Lumia 520 unless I use a headset. I have also noticed that under "Ringtones+Sounds" I do not have a Ringer option. From other advice I can see that this Ringer option is supposed to be there along with the Vibrate option. On my phone it is currently not there. I don't want to have to wear headphones all the time, so some help would be appreciated.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 - no sound without headset, and no "Ringer" option in "Ringtone+Sound"

For at least the past 2 weeks I have not had any sound from my Lumia 520 unless I use a headset. I have also noticed that under "Ringtones+Sounds" I do not have a Ringer option. From other advice I can see that this Ringer option is supposed to be there along with the Vibrate option. On my phone it is currently not there. I don't want to have to wear headphones all the time, so some help would be appreciated.

Try a soft reset (power and vol down for 10 seconds until vibrate into boot)

ouelleal

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 - no sound without headset, and no "Ringer" option in "Ringtone+Sound"

I tried the soft reset and no change to the settings "Ringer" option and no change to the phone performance.

Any other suggestions?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I tried the soft reset and no change to the settings "Ringer" option and no change to the phone performance.

Any other suggestions?

Try hard reset Settings.. About.. Reset phone.

**Please backup your phone first Settings.. Backup.. Apps+Settings... Backup now**

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb