Lumia 535 just quitely got announced 5" two 5mp cameras Front and back

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Android inevitably ends up in most discussions that take place in these forums.

Honestly speaking both iOS and Android resume applications much much faster than Windows Phone. My Android device can run plenty of apps in memory even with 1GB just fine.

There are times when an app doesn't instantly respond after coming back from recents, but for the most part it's way better than Windows Phone.

During my time of having tried several low end devices of Windows Phone, their performance was on par(if not significantly worse) than Android alternatives with the same or similar specifications.

So please don't bring Android into everything, when many of you don't seem to know much about it.

That might be true.
But that might be the case with high end Androids. Low end androids lag very much, so the question of an app resuming/loading faster doesn't arrive.
I was basically saying that compared to iOS/WP, android is a lot more power hungry OS, many tech sites have been saying that from years.
& basically I was just saying that sd 200 & 400 doesn't matter much. So 535 could be a tough competitor for Moto G.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Android inevitably ends up in most discussions that take place in these forums.

Honestly speaking both iOS and Android resume applications much much faster than Windows Phone. My Android device can run plenty of apps in memory even with 1GB just fine.

There are times when an app doesn't instantly respond after coming back from recents, but for the most part it's way better than Windows Phone.

During my time of having tried several low end devices of Windows Phone, their performance was on par(if not significantly worse) than Android alternatives with the same or similar specifications.

So please don't bring Android into everything, when many of you don't seem to know much about it.

Most of the ppl here seem to have either used Android on samsungs with crappy touchwiz UI or never used it at all.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Judging by the surprisingly positive reaction to this phone everywhere online I think it will be a hit wherever it is released.

MS needs to make sure they have enough stock and availability so that they can capitalize on the positivity.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Judging by the surprisingly positive reaction to this phone everywhere online I think it will be a hit wherever it is released.

MS needs to make sure they have enough stock and availability so that they can capitalize on the positivity.

Agreed. 730 is out of stock most of the times on almost all e-commerce sites.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
That phone just doesn't make any sense, at least not in the current lineup. Also, it's once again too large. I'm afraid that sooner or later even 5" phones will be deemed "compact" and "mini", with 6" or 7" being the new "premium" and "flagship" class. If this phone had a decent 4" display (aka not the 530's crappy alibi display) I'd be all over it. I just don't understand why they keep making them larger and larger every time...

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That might be true.
But that might be the case with high end Androids. Low end androids lag very much, so the question of an app resuming/loading faster doesn't arrive.
I was basically saying that compared to iOS/WP, android is a lot more power hungry OS, many tech sites have been saying that from years.
& basically I was just saying that sd 200 & 400 doesn't matter much. So 535 could be a tough competitor for Moto G.

That may have been true in the past no longer. Windows Phone is just as power hungry as Android, if not more and the fact that the 535 came out with 1GB of RAM just goes to show that.

And iOS is power hungry, they use extremely fast processors to run smoothly. But not many people understand that.

I've used low end quality Android devices like the Moto E and G and they we're faster than any Windows Phone in the same price bracket.

The 535 is a good budget smartphone, it may even boost Windows Phone sales by 20 - 30 units(haha had to), but it will be very unlikely that it puts a dent in the popularity of Moto G(in countries where it is popular).

And I was kidding about the sales part, I'm pretty sure 535 will sell in the thousands but profitability and actual marketshare may not have a big impact.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
That phone just doesn't make any sense, at least not in the current lineup. Also, it's once again too large. I'm afraid that sooner or later even 5" phones will be deemed "compact" and "mini", with 6" or 7" being the new "premium" and "flagship" class. If this phone had a decent 4" display (aka not the 530's crappy alibi display) I'd be all over it. I just don't understand why they keep making them larger and larger every time...

There's a big demand for it, and as such: Microsoft is capitalizing on it by supplying that demand.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
That may have been true in the past no longer. Windows Phone is just as power hungry as Android, if not more and the fact that the 535 came out with 1GB of RAM just goes to show that.

That's always had to do with apps more than an OS requirement, to be honest. Even then: It was limited to resource demanding games for the most part.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I still think the 535 is a breakthrough device.
Microsoft is most definitely aiming this at certain markets.

If this was my very first smartphone I'd be absolutely thrilled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss