Lumia 620 - Battery query

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I thought months ago, somebody reported with a 2100 battery???.... We never found out which one that was...

There is a 2450 mAH battery on eBay from "Gold", but by all accounts it's a fake. Reports are that it doesn't even last as long as the original battery.

Lenvin Gonsalves

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
After 3 weeks of use, I notice that the battery seems to slowly last a little longer than the first week. Now, mine can definitely last for 20 hours and even more! That's with moderate usage, constant WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, web browsing, all-time WiFi (I switched off the 'turn off WiFi when screen times out'), and many more. Pretty much like how you use your smartphone.

1300 mah is small, I was concerned of its battery life at first and thought of getting a power bank but I honestly never thought it could last this long. It's typical nowadays that smartphones last for a day and some even less. I held a test 2 weeks ago with my friends Lumia 800, 900, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note and iPhone 4S, take note it was 2 weeks ago and as mentioned by Tiwo, mine can easily last between 15-24 hours while the other competitors struggle with exactly the same use. That's not valid anymore though, now I can get it to last for more than 20 hours ;)

Just last week, it started to last a day and here's what I get last week:

View attachment 28444

22 hours, plus exactly one more hour to spend, a total of 23 hours. Two days ago, I managed to pull a total of 1 day and 18 hours but didn't capture the screenshot though. I used to use the battery saver feature but now, I don't need it anymore. I won't say this phone has got an excellent battery but it's good enough considering that it comes in a very well priced package. I couldn't ask for more, really. If I ever get to see a bigger battery pack here, I will definitely go for it. It's like putting a bigger tank in your car! :D

EDIT: But if you're the kind of user that's just going to stick on the phone for 24/7 and needed a very good battery life, this is not the phone though. Definitely. Haha! :p

My Lumia doesn't even last for 6 hours.. light whatsapp, skype and facebook.. with battery saver and same settings as yours

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
For Information:
I emailed Mugen. They said their lumia 520 battery ( the 1600mah - HLI-BL5JSL ) "can" fit and work in the Lumia 620. ( Usual warranty warnings apply I guess, and I've not tried it myself ).
But they also said they expect to issue a bigger 620 battery some time in September, but gave no specific size/cost details.

I may wait 'till September and see whats offered then.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia doesn't even last for 6 hours.. light whatsapp, skype and facebook.. with battery saver and same settings as yours

Have you updated WhatsApp? The original version of this app used a hack with the audio API to keep the app working in the background. This is a major battery drain and has caused lots of problems with lots of handsets. I believe that an updated versions of the app has fixed this issue (though I can't confirm 'cause I don't use the app at all).

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I might be odd but I find my battery life fantastic, I am coming from a HTC sensation that was a total disaster, the phone didn't even make it through a working day in Airplane mode. Its now 6.30pm and the phone has been of the charger 12 hours, with everything turned on bar push email I have over 75% battery left.

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
What's your average discharge rate ? Mine is 11% - 15% idle and with light tweeting, browsing, and games it could goes up to 30% !!

I've disable :
- kid's corner
- wifi
- brightness low
- glance
- Xbox Connect
- Background apps (Battery and Twitter left)

Do i get faulty unit or what ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I might be odd but I find my battery life fantastic, I am coming from a HTC sensation that was a total disaster, the phone didn't even make it through a working day in Airplane mode. Its now 6.30pm and the phone has been of the charger 12 hours, with everything turned on bar push email I have over 75% battery left.

Same here, I have an HTC EVO 3D and I only get about 3 hours of browsing. I often struggle to get through the day so I have 2 external battery packs, one is a 5200 mAh and the other a 6000 mAh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire