Lumia 730 gonna be rebranded now!!

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just had a conversation with the head of Nokia priority store and he replied that there is shortage of Lumia 730 now, and the set is GONNA BE REBRANDED AS MICROSOFT LUMIA 730 now and NOT NOKIA.
have you guys listened to such news?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just had a conversation with the head of Nokia priority store and he replied that there is shortage of Lumia 730 now, and the set is GONNA BE REBRANDED AS MICROSOFT LUMIA 730 now and NOT NOKIA.
have you guys listened to such news?

Please keep up at the back, this is now very old news.

Microsoft bought the phone division of Nokia, they did not buy the company called Nokia that is still going and producing software like Here maps.

Microsoft had a limited time they could use the name Nokia on phones and that time is almost up and Microsoft have been working towards this transition for many many months.

This really is old news and has been discussed over and over again (Mainly by people not reading the news/articles).

But don't panic, if you want a phone with Nokia on it, buy a second-hand one or buy a label maker and you can stick what you want on it.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just stick a nokia sticker on top of Microsoft name.I also prefer Nokia Lumia rather than Microsoft Lumia.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft bought the phone division of Nokia, they did not buy the company called Nokia that is still going and producing software like Here maps.

Microsoft had a limited time they could use the name Nokia on phones and that time is almost up and Microsoft have been working towards this transition for many many months.

This really is old news and has been discussed over and over again (Mainly by people not reading the news/articles).

But don't panic, if you want a phone with Nokia on it, buy a second-hand one or buy a label maker and you can stick what you want on it.

This is different, Microsoft changing the brand on a device that has already seen the market is NEW.
its absurd to see 2 brand names on the same device. Don't u agree?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If MS has plans to make and sell phones like the 730/735/830 (Newer phones) they cannot carry on using the Nokia name and it would make much more sense to call the Microsoft Lumia's, or just Lumia's, OK for a time you will have some phones with Nokia written on them but since the takeover they are MS phones and they just cannot carry on using the Nokia name.

The change is happening, so the only alternative to rebranding is to stop making every phone in their current line up and start again, or simply retool the machine that stamps the plastic, one of those makes common sense the other doesn't.

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Is this really TRUE?????

Did you asked when rebranded 730's arrives in market??? time frame???

I really don't care about rebranding.. quality is their.. no matter its ms or nokia.

another thing is if 535 launched @110 euros (around rs. 8.5k) with auch a good specs under ms branding then we can expect more price slash on rebranded 730...

tell me more about this conversation.

thanks...

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm okay with this. In my country, Nokia equals to old-fashioned, and Microsoft still has a reputable name . I'm planning to buy an 830 next year and I hope it will get Microsoft's name. I wouldn't want a new phone with an old name.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If MS has plans to make and sell phones like the 730/735/830 (Newer phones) they cannot carry on using the Nokia name and it would make much more sense to call the Microsoft Lumia's, or just Lumia's, OK for a time you will have some phones with Nokia written on them but since the takeover they are MS phones and they just cannot carry on using the Nokia name.

The change is happening, so the only alternative to rebranding is to stop making every phone in their current line up and start again, or simply retool the machine that stamps the plastic, one of those makes common sense the other doesn't.

Microsoft can use the Nokia name on smartphones until December 31, 2015. There is no reason to rebrand existing Nokia branded smartphones now, unless Microsoft does not plan on coming out with a Microsoft Lumia 740 next year.

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
look how fast Nokia launched its own branded nokia N1 tablet today under foxconn n android lollipop...
so their is no solid reason remains for ms to keep nokia logo on lumia devices. even on under production devices...
its good if they are rebranding existing new phones.
no any specific reason to stick with nokia brand here...

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

Great said.
Lolzzz

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, I will keep you all updated..
90 %, i think the nokia priority head doesnt know ****.. rebranding is stupid..still lets see
If this is someone from Nokia Priority store in India - I simply dont care there words. be it top guy or whoever, most of the time they dont know even what they are selling. They can simply see a news that MS has bought Nokia...so they have to change names on their shop... and then they will tell you that old phones are being re-branded!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen