Lumia 820 Philippine Users

clark02121992

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I would like to gather up some Lumia 820 users from the Philippines. Share your ideas, Photos, your 820 experiences, Problems, Add-ons, Accessories and other stuffs that others may find useful. Please do not cause trouble on this thread. Let's share and spread the Happiness we are receiving from our 820. Mabuhay! \o/ Feel free to talk in Tagalog or English :)

Let me start of with my experiences and such. I bought my 820 Last friday, it was at the price of 11,380 from an online store.. So far it has been bug free..no problems and such.. I already updated to GDR2 and Amber.. Yesterday was the end of the replacement warranty of the online store (though they have a 1 year service warranty) So after the 3 days of observing the phone it was alright. I finally put some investment to it. Bought a whole body protection from Zagg Invishield here in SM Dasma for 1500. Honestly I was regretting on getting the back should had just got the front screen..xD Today i bought a Back Nilkin case in sulit for 600 +150 for shipping. Cant wait to get it tomorrow. Cause im too cautious in laying my phone is tables and all without any case, I feel like it's gonna break and crack..LOL . Only problem i have is the battery life. Even on standby it eats quite a big % of battery maybe because of my background apps and 3g is always on.. xD Bought some apps aswell. Got TR:Brave,Metrotube,Asphalt 7,Rayman.. That's all for now.. All I can say is the 820 was a nice purchase for me. Not regretting a single things about the Lumia 820

Anong ba ang pinag kaiba pag bumili sa Official Nokia Store sa hindi? bukod sa mas mahal sa official store tpos for example sa kim store is talagang mababa doon ang price?

danielnight

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Anong ba ang pinag kaiba pag bumili sa Official Nokia Store sa hindi? bukod sa mas mahal sa official store tpos for example sa kim store is talagang mababa doon ang price?

When you buy at a Nokia store or an official retailer, you are paying not only for the handset but also for it's insurance/warranty and their services.

As for unofficial retailers, you only pay for the handset+interest of the unofficial retailers. Be careful on where you are going to buy your handset.

I suggest you buy at a Nokia store or an official retailer.

IF you must buy without warranty, go find an unofficial retailer with a physical store. One good example of a store is HotGadgetz.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
When you buy at a Nokia store or an official retailer, you are paying not only for the handset but also for it's insurance/warranty and their services.

As for unofficial retailers, you only pay for the handset+interest of the unofficial retailers. Be careful on where you are going to buy your handset.

I suggest you buy at a Nokia store or an official retailer.

IF you must buy without warranty, go find an unofficial retailer with a physical store. One good example of a store is HotGadgetz.
I might be mistaken, but Kimstore offers warranty, as far as I know. Even if they don't, they're still covered under Nokia Philippines' warranty policy as they're devices technically sold in the Philippines and coincidentally are devices meant for the Philippine market.

Darren Mozo

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
hello..
i got a trial lumia 820.
when i connect it to computer it says lumia 825.
it has Firmware 1232.2107.1241.1000
oS ver. 8.0.9903.10

i dont know how to get the variant product code.
I am totally clueless about everything.
I am a newbie. All i want is to update my phone to a latest software. if available maybe 8.1? can anybody help me?

danielnight

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I might be mistaken, but Kimstore offers warranty, as far as I know. Even if they don't, they're still covered under Nokia Philippines' warranty policy as they're devices technically sold in the Philippines and coincidentally are devices meant for the Philippine market.

If that's the case, shouldn't be the price of Kimstore's phones be as near as the retail price? I really doubt that they offer warranty.

Oh really? Even if you bought them out of retail? That's one cool policy. Warranty without paying for it. Usually warranty payment is already included in the device purchased, along with taxes.

danielnight

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
hello..
i got a trial lumia 820.
when i connect it to computer it says lumia 825.
it has Firmware 1232.2107.1241.1000
oS ver. 8.0.9903.10

i dont know how to get the variant product code.
I am totally clueless about everything.
I am a newbie. All i want is to update my phone to a latest software. if available maybe 8.1? can anybody help me?

IIRC, it must be from China. The Lumia 825 was last mentioned sometime here in WPCentral (iirc by Daniel Rubino), and states that it is exclusively sold in China. Please confirm!

Darren Mozo

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello sir. My Lumia 820.... is from UK i guess.
written in the bow is. UK TRIAL..
i hope you can help me.
i have read some posts, people who got the same variant. they say they flashed it with manual updates.
but there is no instruction given.. and their not anymore active with that post.
i hope you can help me, and now that 8.1 is rolling.

danielnight

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello sir. My Lumia 820.... is from UK i guess.
written in the bow is. UK TRIAL..
i hope you can help me.
i have read some posts, people who got the same variant. they say they flashed it with manual updates.
but there is no instruction given.. and their not anymore active with that post.
i hope you can help me, and now that 8.1 is rolling.

Is that so. Then simply use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool (if that's really the name I forgot) After that, you can wait for 8.1+Cyan to officially roll out here or use Developer Preview for 8.1.

Darren Mozo

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Is that so. Then simply use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool (if that's really the name I forgot) After that, you can wait for 8.1+Cyan to officially roll out here or use Developer Preview for 8.1.

so bad. i already tried this . the noka software recovery tool... but it says no available for this product..... :(

Victor Matias1

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
this thread is really cool, 820 owners from ph. i finally bought a windows phone 2 months ago coz of the dev preview update which is very much like cyan which i hope i will really get. my suggestion to you guys is get a wireless charging shell and of course a Qi wireless charger coz my usb port broke and fixed it myself and now i only use the usb port if i hook it to my laptop for data transfers and software update or downgrade if needed. now i only charge my 820 thru wireless charging. and of course make sure to get a back up battery or batteries to maximize the use of the easy to switch change of batteries

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria