Lumia 822 phone update error "The update couldn't be downloaded. (8e5e03fa)"

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, for some reason the phone update on my Lumia 822 doesnt work. It starts the download, then after a certain percentage of downloading, it gives the error "The update couldn't be downloaded. (8e5e03fa)". The percentage varies each time, it has even gone up to 86%. I am on the developer preview. Has anyone else encountered this issue? And has anyone been able to solve it without doing a hard reset?

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
The update isn't that big to be downloaded over WiFi. Try your 3G/4G this time. If it's still not working, make sure you back up everything and reset your phone.

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The update isn't that big to be downloaded over WiFi. Try your 3G/4G this time. If it's still not working, make sure you back up everything and reset your phone.

How big is the update?
And that's another problem I have my phone doesnt finish the backup, it says last updated 3 months ago.

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
How big is the update?
And that's another problem I have my phone doesnt finish the backup, it says last updated 3 months ago.

You're having a problem with your WiFi connection or you are using VPN. either way it's a problem with the internet connection, so find another source for WiFi or use your 3G.

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You're having a problem with your WiFi connection or you are using VPN. either way it's a problem with the internet connection, so find another source for WiFi or use your 3G.
It's the same Wi-Fi I have always used (8Mbps) and I am not using any VPN.
I tried using 3g, it was even worse, ddidn't get past 4%.
Anything else I could try?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro