Lumia 830 main camera error on new update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 main camera error on new update

Hi,

I have updated my Lumia 830 to Win 10 and it was successful. However when my device was receiving the latest app update for the Windows Camera, the update installed successfully. It showed on my device but later when I opened the app, it crashed and gave me 0xA00F424A(0xC00D3704) error and the main camera is not working ever since. I have tried using other applications such as Instagram Beta, 6Tag and Lumia Selfie but can not access the main camera. However the front camera is working. I have also tried to roll back to win 8.1 by using the recovery tool but the main camera issue remains.

Here are the informations of my Lumia 830,

Manufacturer Name: RM-984_1000
OS version: 8.10.15148.160
Firmware Revision Number: 02177.00000.15184.36002
Hardware Revision Number: 1.0.0.0

Please if any of the nice people could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 main camera error on new update

I have an 830 on the way, and was wondering if this problem persists, and if I should leave the phone on 8.1 for now. It's the AT&T variant, if that matters...

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Another W10 casualty here, 14388.00 build, L830 with a broken camera. It works from time to time, but I think it's just sporadic so one couldn't reproduce it. Reading all this comments, I think I'll send mine to the care center and get it replaced under warranty, then don't install any Insider builds. See you in hell, Ninja Cat!

VaishakR

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Had the same problem since last few weeks. Solved it yesterday. Try this way:
Settings-> privacy->camera
Check whether on or not. If it is, then switch it off and press the camera hard button. It has to show the privacy error. Go back to same page and enable the camera app permission. Check the camera with the help of hard button. This worked for me. And also before this, I went to the microphone to check whether it is ON or not. Am running on W10AU. Hope it solves for you guys.

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Had the same problem since last few weeks. Solved it yesterday. Try this way:
Settings-> privacy->camera
Check whether on or not. If it is, then switch it off and press the camera hard button. It has to show the privacy error. Go back to same page and enable the camera app permission. Check the camera with the help of hard button. This worked for me. And also before this, I went to the microphone to check whether it is ON or not. Am running on W10AU. Hope it solves for you guys.

I think this make sense. My camera was dead second time in July, and remained as dead even up to the RS2 14905.1000. This morning I updated to 14915.1000, after everything was done I go straight to camera. It prompt to enable permission for the camera app, I enable the permission and the camera is back alive. If my camera happen to die again, I'll try your method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes