Lumia 830 sudden battery drain

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Starting this Monday, my battery life on my phone suddenly got worse. Usually at the end of the day, I get about 30-40 left. Now, I get about 0-10 left.

Why is this happening? I check my apps and nothing is new. I rebooted my phone too and had no luck. Is it some recent update?

Btw, in the last hour I lost about 20 percent :/
Thanks!

LoieJ

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
If you have the battery saver app, you can see what is running in the background and turn off the unnecessary apps. Unfortunately, all to many apps run in the background as their default. I check that app very frequently. But my battery doesn't last very long anyway because I use my phone constantly for web and Office stuff. I'm going to get another battery.

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
It is possible that the battery is failing. The similar.problem occurred with my Lumia 1520. I would try contacting Microsoft for a replacement battery since it is removable.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread is sinking fast in the AaQ section. I realize it is time critical, but feel you will get more traffic here in your device forum.

I concur that you may have a failing battery. Many factors can affect this. Heat is bad. The chip in the battery could be blown from a bad charger. Too many "fast charges" from a car charger, etc.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This thread is sinking fast in the AaQ section. I realize it is time critical, but feel you will get more traffic here in your device forum.

I concur that you may have a failing battery. Many factors can affect this. Heat is bad. The chip in the battery could be blown from a bad charger. Too many "fast charges" from a car charger, etc.

Hmmm... I think that might be one of my factors.

I pinpointed the problem to my cellular signal. For some odd reason, I keep losing complete signal for about a split second and it suddenly comes back. Even when I have data on, I now get connection errors saying that "data is not turned" or "no internet connection detected" on despite I clearly toggled it on.

I rebooted and soft reseted my phone and that appears to not have helped at all...

I do not live in a spotty area and I almost always get full bars. What could be the cause of this signal problem?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A signal search issue would hit your battery hard.

Maybe the antenna needs attention?

Hard to test that as a user. Still have warranty?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Repair...

Was the phone dropped or anything recently?

You could try Windows Device Recovery Tool to help rule out software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit