Lumia 900 GPS vs. Focus

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
So While driving, it takes forever to get my location on the lumia, but my focus picks up just fine. Is there something wrong with my Lumia? Most of the time, while moving, my lumia never finds my location. What's the deal? Anyone else notice that their lumia 900's GPS is useless while on the road?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
dunno about the Lumia, but the Focus has high precision GPS add on that can tap into GLONASS so it will get a signal faster. I've never seen any other Windows phone lock on faster. Sad thing is I think all the phones have this functionality, they just don't exploit it.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I agree that is pretty sad. The Lumia is such a great piece of hardware, it's a shame that's it'd being held back. so frustrating..

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
My 900 connects within seconds even in offline mode and sometimes from inside buildings.

Nokia Drive is simply one of the best things in this device. I'd call Nokia and tell them about it. They'll get it fixed or send u a new one.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Nokia Drive is amazing. it's just frustrating that it works better on my first generation samsung focus. I think I might have to give Nokia a call. What's the point of exclusive apps if they don't work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes