Lumia 900 less than 2 days old. BRICKED!

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Fact is, the other two users were pretty convinced the press and hold method worked for them, just as you are convinced it didn't. So in my book, that makes it possible, but not probably.

being a support guy (my job), from experience anyways, the known good way to fix something doesn't always work, and u rarely find the reason why that fix doesn't work for a specific user...(usually end up having to find a different way to fix it) so i can see where u're coming from, but it looks like he(she?) probably had one of those that the suggested way to fix it wouldn't work

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Geez, don't get so defensive. Thought my post was a bit conciliatory, but I guess not. Sorry. Fact is, the other two users were pretty convinced the press and hold method worked for them, just as you are convinced it didn't. So in my book, that makes it possible, but not probably.

Oh, and the change in bootup sequence came from the Nokia firmware update, not Microsoft. And where does it specifically state this change had anything to do with a battery not charging from a dead state. Point is, your first device might have had a problem that your new device doesn't. When it's been verified by a dozen Tango users, then we can call it a solution.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
First off, i dont doubt the work around worked for other people. I just dont get why its so hard to believe my old L900 could have been defective.

Heck those other people had a defective one too. I highly doubt nokia thought people would be ok or designed the L900 to have such issues with a dead battery or expected people to figure out that holding the power button for 20+ minutes with it plugged in may or may not work. Hence the fix for it. It was an issue and it makes you wonder how many other people had that issue. Its not normal behavior and it was a widespread enough issue for there to be multiple reports of it and big enough that nokia had to fix it.

Yes it was a nokia update that came WITH tango. Really, you are now going to argue that I said it was the tango update? Good lord you just wont stop trying to argue with me will you? again, here are the release notes and the link:

"There are also enhancements to the performance of the startup sequence - most notably providing a more reliable boot sequence following a full depletion of the battery"
AT&T and Nokia begin rolling out Lumia 900 OS update for Tango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

This WAS an issue. Why cant you just accept that? Come on, we all like WP7 around here and I dont understand why we have to argue so much about this. Its fixed now and whether you want to believe the L900 has issues or not is your problem. Its not a perfect phone and it has / had its share of issues. Just accept that and move on.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
First off, i dont doubt the work around worked for other people. I just dont get why its so hard to believe my old L900 could have been defective.

Heck those other people had a defective one too. I highly doubt nokia thought people would be ok or designed the L900 to have such issues with a dead battery or expected people to figure out that holding the power button for 20+ minutes with it plugged in may or may not work. Hence the fix for it. It was an issue and it makes you wonder how many other people had that issue. Its not normal behavior and it was a widespread enough issue for there to be multiple reports of it and big enough that nokia had to fix it.

Yes it was a nokia update that came WITH tango. Really, you are now going to argue that I said it was the tango update? Good lord you just wont stop trying to argue with me will you? again, here are the release notes and the link:

"There are also enhancements to the performance of the startup sequence - most notably providing a more reliable boot sequence following a full depletion of the battery"
AT&T and Nokia begin rolling out Lumia 900 OS update for Tango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

This WAS an issue. Why cant you just accept that? Come on, we all like WP7 around here and I dont understand why we have to argue so much about this. Its fixed now and whether you want to believe the L900 has issues or not is your problem. Its not a perfect phone and it has / had its share of issues. Just accept that and move on.
Guess you don't read my posts before replying. I already apologized for doubting you, so won't bother to do it again. I never challenged you or questioned the fact that you and others had (have) problems charging their phones from a 0% battery state. This is a real and serious issue. Actually, I have read no less than 8 separate threads here and at XDA on the same subject. I was merely trying to collect the facts so I might be able to help someone else with their problem. And might be able to help myself should my battery ever drain completely.

Oh, and for the record, from Nokia's support site: firmware 12223 brings "Performance enhancements when phone starts up". No mention of the word battery. http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia900/ So my hunch is the jury is still out on this firmware 100% solving the "battery won't charge" issue.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Guess you don't read my posts before replying. I already apologized for doubting you, so won't bother to do it again. I never challenged you or questioned the fact that you and others had (have) problems charging their phones from a 0% battery state. This is a real and serious issue. Actually, I have read no less than 8 separate threads here and at XDA on the same subject. I was merely trying to collect the facts so I might be able to help someone else with their problem. And might be able to help myself should my battery ever drain completely.

Oh, and for the record, from Nokia's support site: firmware 12223 brings "Performance enhancements when phone starts up". No mention of the word battery. Nokia Lumia 900 Overview - Nokia - USA So my hunch is the jury is still out on this firmware 100% solving the "battery won't charge" issue.

I dont see how the jury can sti be out unless someone isnt updating. The nokia update that camr with tango from the link that i posted did fix the issue of thr phone constantly trying to boot from a dead battery when plugged in. A dead battery plugged in now shows a dead battery logo for about 5 minutes before trying to boot. Giving the phone enough juice to boot up and keep charging. I have tested this myself. People no longer have to hold power buttons or do any kind of special work around for the phone to work the way it should. Without this update people will still have issues but the update does fix it. Jury is not still out on the updated phones. Updated phones work as they should as far as THIS issue.