Lumia 900 not responsive

LazyBully

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my Lumia since the day it came out. Great phone, amazing hardware. Nokia did a really good job on this one. However, just yesterday (7/3/2012) I encountered my first crash 9for lack of better words). I was wondering if anyone else has seen this:

I sent an email and tapped the power key to lock the screen. I checked my phone about an hour later and it was unresponsive. I tapped the power key, nothing. I held down the power key to try and do a reset, nothing. I plugged in the charger and the screen "woke up" but wasn't not responding to my touch. The battery icon showed a "?" and I had full bars but the phone would not respond to any buttons or touch on the screen.

I tried the long press of the power key again and the phone finally did a "reset" and has been fine ever since. Once the Phone turned on it had about 50% battery so it wasnt a dead battery.

Any ideas would be great!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Could of been a random thing. I'd keep an eye on it just in case. If it happens a lot then don't wait to use that warranty.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Check under settings and about phone and see how much free space you have as well. If you're getting down to that ~600MB or less range, you need to free up some space.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I've been using my Lumia since the day it came out. Great phone, amazing hardware. Nokia did a really good job on this one. However, just yesterday (7/3/2012) I encountered my first crash 9for lack of better words). I was wondering if anyone else has seen this:

I sent an email and tapped the power key to lock the screen. I checked my phone about an hour later and it was unresponsive. I tapped the power key, nothing. I held down the power key to try and do a reset, nothing. I plugged in the charger and the screen "woke up" but wasn't not responding to my touch. The battery icon showed a "?" and I had full bars but the phone would not respond to any buttons or touch on the screen.

I tried the long press of the power key again and the phone finally did a "reset" and has been fine ever since. Once the Phone turned on it had about 50% battery so it wasnt a dead battery.

Any ideas would be great!
o

I had a similar issue yesterday on my way to work I tried to answer a phonecall and the touch screen would not work. I tried to get out of the phone screen with the back button. No go. Got to the office and looked up the soft reset article and tried that then tried holding the power button that did the trick been fine ever since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo