Lumia 920 In-store Colors

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard any new news on what colors will available in-store at launch? My local AT&T store tip toed around the answer saying at their training they said only black, red and white in-store. My BestBuy still refuses to answer any questions on the 920 at all. I find it hard to believe that out of all the color options, that only 3 would be carried in-store. I'm still torn between the black and cyan and would love to actually view it at a store before pre-ordering. If the limited in-store color options hold true, it might force me to go ahead and pre-order the black one so I don't chance the possibility of limited stock.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If it's only those 3 then I would be ok, I want the red one. But I can certainly feel for others who want the cyan or yellow, those are sharp looking colors.

I'm just worried that my local store won't actually GET all of those 3 colors, and possibly only be getting black. I'm heading over there today over my lunch break.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife wants the red. I want the yellow.

The yellow is the bigger issue because if I preorder that, it ships next week. Not a huge deal, but would be sort of lame if I had to wait a week and it shows up at the store.

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I just got back from my local store and they said they couldn't confirm colors until inventory comes in on Thursday. Seems like corporate and the stores don't communicate well. After looking at the Lumia 900 cyan I think I'll just go ahead with black since I regretfully ruled the others out due to the gloss finish. On a side note, I wasn't able to pre-order in-store but have read that others have been able to do so.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Im in Dallas, and I was told no pre-order at the stores. He did say all colors are listed and the free charding pad shows in the system, but can't guarantee all colors will be there. I don't understand why it's so hard to get this together. Nokia and ATT had months to get this marriage going and yet online AT&T doesn't know what Store AT&t is doing.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the yellow and cyan are online only colors.

Microsoft said they were going to have all colors available in their own stores, though.

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife wants the red. I want the yellow.

The yellow is the bigger issue because if I preorder that, it ships next week. Not a huge deal, but would be sort of lame if I had to wait a week and it shows up at the store.
Ditto here!
After all the excitement and stress, I can't wait for the yellow for another week. I plan to get a different color (wife doesn't want me to get red and ruin her excitement)and wait for the yellow to show up at the store and will exchange for it.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the yellow and cyan are online only colors.

Microsoft said they were going to have all colors available in their own stores, though.

That's good news. May I ask where you read that? And any word on when they'd actually be in stores?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to bombarding my area AT&T stores by phone late tomorrow afternoon/evening to ask what colors they have. If they're planning to launch the Lumia 920 on Friday, they should have their stock in by late Thursday. Hopefully seeing what's actually in front of them won't be too difficult for AT&T.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
nokias own blog, stated yellow and cyan as online and special order in store. no gaurentees, but I tend to believe nokia on this, they also told us that preorders would start last night in that announcement.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
nokias own blog, stated yellow and cyan as online and special order in store. no gaurentees, but I tend to believe nokia on this, they also told us that preorders would start last night in that announcement.

I want yellow, I'm just in denial about having to wait an extra week and order online, and hoping some store will actually have one on Friday. I've called around and gotten random answers, none of which I'm really taking seriously, from "probably just black and cyan initially" to "we'll probably have a little of each color."

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just visited the Mall of Ameria AT&T store and talked with my guy there. He said they will have black, white and red only and blue and yellow are only available online. He did say you can have your online order shipped to the store if you want them to set stuff up for you.

He also had some dummy 920's in yellow and blue (of all colors!). Blue looked just like the 900 and yellow was really shiny.

Not sure I can wait for more days to get a blue one shipped out.. ugh

-m

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
AT&T's website doesn't even let me check out without adding a plan if I choose the no-commitment $449 price. Why am I not surprised? Since I apparently won't be able to buy my yellow 920 in an AT&T store, it looks like my only hope is the Microsoft Store carrying it at some point or ordering an unlocked.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I want yellow, I'm just in denial about having to wait an extra week and order online, and hoping some store will actually have one on Friday. I've called around and gotten random answers, none of which I'm really taking seriously, from "probably just black and cyan initially" to "we'll probably have a little of each color."

A Nokia marketing rep confirmed to me that the AT&T yellow and cyan are online only.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
A Nokia marketing rep confirmed to me that the AT&T yellow and cyan are online only.

Thanks. Too bad AT&T doesn't even let you order the phone off contract (no commitment) without adding a montly plan to it! What kind of B.S. is that? No, AT&T, you will not force me to make you my mobile operator.

Looks like my only shot for a yellow L920 is either the Microsoft Store or importing an unlocked version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786