Lumia 920 vs Lumia 925

shaurya negi

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i have a brand new l920 and electronic shops has a brand new l925. They are ready to exchange with me with me paying them 40? extra. Is it worth it?
ADVANTAGES OF L925 OVER L920
Slim
6 lenses compared to 5 lenses in l920

ADVANTAGES OF L920 OVER L925
Qi charging
32gb vs 16gb storage.

WHAT I DON'T KNOW
Is amoled on 925 better than ips lcd of 920? Please explain.
Is 925 more future proof considering the same hardware?
Better battery life?
Should i switch?
THANK YOU!

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
nope. not worth. i've had a 925 for 5 months now, and it's camera is nice but it has a lot of other issues.
battery sucks. amoled isn't that helpful, in fact it seems to drain battery more!
besides this, over time if you play songs on louder volumes (25-30) the loudspeaker starts to distort.
and the screen flickers in battery saver mode even if charge is nearly full. (firmware problem i guess)
other than this, the headset jack is a little delicate. mine stopped working 4 times and i had to get it repaired over and over.
and then loosing 16gb more storage and in built wireless charging, that too by paying 40? extra, not worth.
stay with this phone for a while. enjoy it.
later on you could upgrade to a new wp8.1 flagship or some other device with more future proof specs. (i know WP is not very hardware intensive, but still. and also you might get better hardware features (eg. fingerprint sensor, 3D touch etc.), so wait for it)
hope that helped :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you should stick with your Lumia 920, I too thought of upgrading mine but I love the weight of my Lumia , oh well I am used to it , 32 GB vs 16 GB , I don't care for one extra lens in camera , I still love the camera hardware on Lumia 920 , both of the have the same hardware so both of them should get future updates :)
and aluminium body on 925 is more prone to scratches.
Lumia 925 has amoled screen which is battery efficient , but again ips isn't that bad on Lumia 920 , battery life is completely same

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They are the same size and same resolution.

The displays are different in that the 925's can turn on individual pixels, meaning blacks are as deep as it gets. But it also means white backgrounds use more power.
The 920's is a normal display as far as you're concerned.

If it were me, I'd stick with the 920, witless charging and 32 GB are important to me.

The battery life should be the same as far as im concerned. the 925's AMOLED panel can be more efficient in some situations, but potentially less in others.

Metal vs plastic, grey vs color

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a 920 for 10 months and now I have an 925 and I couldn't be happier, amoled screen is great, blacks are deeper and the contrast on this screen is INSANE, it's camera is indeed a little better than the 920, as well as I love the design feel of the 925.. It also has 6 mics against 5 from the 920, they're HAAC (920 and 925), which means they're ready to get you great audios on concerts..

Battery has been the same for me, it lasts around 12-14hours, both on 920 and 925

Well, It does have it's downsides, 16gb is indeed a downside and although some say Qi charging, I never used it on the 920 and neither on 925.

Although I wasn't expecting a lot, the amoled panel really blew my mind, I mean, the blacks are 100% deep, it's nice to see they matching with my 925 black bezels, and colors pops much more, which means that when I'm going to see the photos, I just get amazed by the contrast on colors and as well as a bit sharper from 920, but again, it's not the camera is much better, it isn't, it's just a bit sharper, and if memory is a need of yours, stay with the 920

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a 920 for 10 months and now I have an 925 and I couldn't be happier, amoled screen is great, blacks are deeper and the contrast on this screen is INSANE, it's camera is indeed a little better than the 920, as well as I love the design feel of the 925.. It also has 6 mics against 5 from the 920, they're HAAC (920 and 925), which means they're ready to get you great audios on concerts..

Battery has been the same for me, it lasts around 12-14hours, both on 920 and 925

Well, It does have it's downsides, 16gb is indeed a downside and although some say Qi charging, I never used it on the 920 and neither on 925.

Although I wasn't expecting a lot, the amoled panel really blew my mind, I mean, the blacks are 100% deep, it's nice to see they matching with my 925 black bezels, and colors pops much more, which means that when I'm going to see the photos, I just get amazed by the contrast on colors and as well as a bit sharper from 920, but again, it's not the camera is much better, it isn't, it's just a bit sharper, and if memory is a need of yours, stay with the 920

But isn't led too bright in the dark ? It feels too much on the eyes. I too need help on deciding between these two phones. I too made a thread on this.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd say the storage of 16gb should be a deal breaker too: what use is a cool phone if you can't install so many apps, download maps and watch videos/ listen to music on it? You'd feel constrained. Especially because 16gb means (on Lumia 800, and I don't think this changed) like 12-13gb of memory you can use. If you're used to 28gb (on L920), you can't go back. At least, it worked that way for me.

Plus, I don't like the design of the 925, 920 looks way cooler and way more futuristic. I'd say in terms of design, 920 is more "modern" than the 925, which is too conservative for me. The 920 has more of the innovative and distinctive looks the N9 had. I also like how the capacitive keys are reflective, but also see-through when the lights behind them is on. Maybe the 925 has this too though. What does everyone think of the design of the 920 versus 925? Or am I the only one who takes the design into account when buying a phone?

Additional question: pretty interesting everyone says to stick with the "older" model. Is this an error of Nokia's part? In the sense that the 925 doesn't have so much extras to offer?

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the storage of 16gb should be a deal breaker too: what use is a cool phone if you can't install so many apps, download maps and watch videos/ listen to music on it? You'd feel constrained. Especially because 16gb means (on Lumia 800, and I don't think this changed) like 12-13gb of memory you can use. If you're used to 28gb (on L920), you can't go back. At least, it worked that way for me.

Plus, I don't like the design of the 925, 920 looks way cooler and way more futuristic. I'd say in terms of design, 920 is more "modern" than the 925, which is too conservative for me. The 920 has more of the innovative and distinctive looks the N9 had. I also like how the capacitive keys are reflective, but also see-through when the lights behind them is on. Maybe the 925 has this too though. What does everyone think of the design of the 920 versus 925? Or am I the only one who takes the design into account when buying a phone?

Additional question: pretty interesting everyone says to stick with the "older" model. Is this an error of Nokia's part? In the sense that the 925 doesn't have so much extras to offer?

I agree on the design & storage part but the problem I am facing I guess we all are facing i.e heating issue. Nobody wants their phone to be bad but we should accept the fact that the phone does heat too much. I am in a dilemma to choose between these two phones.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree on the design & storage part but the problem I am facing I guess we all are facing i.e heating issue. Nobody wants their phone to be bad but we should accept the fact that the phone does heat too much. I am in a dilemma to choose between these two phones.

Well, my Lumia heats when it's working really hard (gaming) or even more (video calling on Skype, battery dies while charging then as well). But with less heavy things which you do daily, watching videos, music, texting, WhatsApp (not constantly though) the temperature stays okay. I would not worry about the heating so much. In my view, the real question is: which phone will enjoy you most when you use it. Which will make texting, listening to music, browsing fun?

terko

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've used my lumia 925 for a month now, switching to windows phone from different android and ios models. To me the main reason for doing so, was the amazing disain and form of the 925. I didn't bother to even consider going for 920 or any other wp phones as the 925 is just spot on. I was afraid though, that the 16gb of storage might not be enough, but it hasn't been an issue (not like on iphone, where I constantly struggeled with the spare storage). I know - to each his own, but 925 is definately the best looking wp phone out there.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
But isn't led too bright in the dark ? It feels too much on the eyes. I too need help on deciding between these two phones. I too made a thread on this.
Well, you can lower the brightness to low, but still, it's no as weak as on 920, it doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't be impressed if it did someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii2BnWG7Ffc

this is a comparative test between 920 ips display, 925 amoled, and 820 amoled, great test and you can see them side by side..

I do prefer 925's amoled, but 920 IPS indeed has it's strong points over amoled

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For me it's a no-brainer due to the extra 16GB of memory and the Qi charging. The wireless chargers have occasional crazy sales (e.g., 2 for $25), allowing you to own multiple chargers and have them handy at both work and home. Wherever you sit, you place a charger. Presto - your phone is always topped off. I love this. As for storage, 16 GB simply isn't enough if there are no expansion options, which there aren't.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have both phones. Both are great, each has its own respective advantages. There are definitely things about the 920 I prefer. For me personally, the only reason I grabbed the 925 is because I'm on T-Mobile US and wanted Wi-Fi calling and it was soooo cheap on Newegg (I wouldn't have gotten it for T-Mobile's price of $504). I do prefer the 32GB of storage on the 920, the 920's speaker placement and don't even mind the weight of it. I even sort of find myself preferring the 920's IPS LCD screen at times, too, which is funny because when I switched from the 810 to the 920, I totally missed the AMOLED screen of the 810.

I am keeping my 920 around and definitely not selling it. I'm going to swap out my SIM to use the 920 on occasion. Like, for places where I plan on shooting a lot of pictures, I'll use it since it has twice the storage. I'm very anal about the amount of free storage I have in a device, so this is a must.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
not worth it. There's basically no image improvement from that extra lens, the speaker is at the back, and black on the 920's screen is so dark you can't notice the bezel in most circumstances

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
not worth it. There's basically no image improvement from that extra lens, the speaker is at the back, and black on the 920's screen is so dark you can't notice the bezel in most circumstances

Actually, it's the other way around with the screens. The 925 is the one where blacks are deepest due to the AMOLED display.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
There's no possible debate about this.
L925 wins, period.
Better cam, lighter, better looking, better display.
I had both so it's easy to come to the part where's no possible debate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro