Lumia 925 aluminum frame wearing off

Nick Er

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
i'm considering getting a lumia 925,
However i went to a few shops, all their 925 display set seem to have its aluminum frame wear off.
As in many parts of the aluminum frame had their original silver scrap off, which makes it ugly.

Would like to know from the Lumia 925 owners, does your Lumia 925 aluminum frame wears off easily?

Nick Er

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks,
Did not thought of the idea of having a full body screen protector before.
But yes, great idea, anyway do you have any recommendation for the full body screen protector? 1 that would cover the side too.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It's because the anodising is only a tiny fraction of a mm deep. Any scratch will go through it. Same issues on the black iPhone 5/5S, and any other anodised phone. While they don't 'break', they don't remain looking great unless they're left uncoloured. My 925 is white, which means that it's got the silver band and it still looks fine (got it at launch). I wouldn't mind changing out the back for a black one though. I think my next Lumia will have to be a proper full polycarbonate one though. My 800 was fantastic, no matter how much abuse I gave it there was never much noticeable damage

Tinderbox_UK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you got to be careful some say full body protection but do not cover the side, it can be hard to tell, do do a search their are dozens of company`s selling them now.

See if you can get a supplier in your country so you dont have to wait too long.

John.

Thanks,
But yes, great idea, anyway do you have any recommendation for the full body screen protector? 1 that would cover the side too.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Another win for the 820. It puzzles me why Nokia don't put interchangeable shells on all their phones. It's such a cool design idea and a Nokia signature to boot. Seems odd to me. My green 820 (protective shell) looks great and always will (hopefully) as I can just swap out the shell.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,

i use gadgetshieldz for now. cheap and it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle