Lumia 930 - Black aluminium frame

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for more replies and sharing your experiences.

I'm now definitely gonna buy the white version. I was told in a store, that they ordered all four covers separately, so i can then buy black and green covers and change them. :)

btw, here is guide to change back covers. It looks really easy.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/293978-tear-down-replace-back-cover.html

Didn't notice that thread. Thanks!
I think I'm getting a green cover and a white one to eventyally switch them around on my all black 930. Should look nice.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My black 930 hit the ground and the black "color" was gone around the corner of the aluminium frame...used a black marker to paint the damaged area (silver).
Got a numbi leather flip case now ;).

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of worried about scratches too on my black Lumia 930. But wanted black as it looks most clean to me. Had a black iPhone 5 a while back and it got marks in a week. Though I have to say the painting on the 930 feels and looks different. Gives a thicker and tad more solid impression than on the iPhone. Time will tell.

If it gets really scared with time to the point it looks ugly, I'll just do what I did with my iPhone. See link below.

Pimped My iPhone - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a black 930 in August 2014. Always carrying it without any protection. It has one semi-circular scratch from the headphones around the headpohone jack, and another scratch, and a damage on the aluminium on the lower right corner which is a consequence of a 2m drop on concrete. So this tough little ******* can take some pounding, and the color doesn't come off that easily.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it for three months now, I had no (0, none) from every day usage. last weekend I dropped it on concrete, had the scratches similar to those in the pictures. silver color showing under. It's not too bad. but if you are picky you may go with silver colored ones.

watchaa

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
930 is catastrophic....
This aluminum body is very bad.
It has dropped from my pocket to the floor.
The aluminum body is now damaged and the rear body does not fit anymore. (no possibility to get the aluminum the original form if deformed).
With the Lumia 735 (and this style of conception), the smartphone will never be damaged, because the plastic body is enveloping the whole smartphone, if you broke it you can change it and the smartphone is like new.
On the 930 no way to change it, it is a part of the phone...
By the way the aluminum is a fail in a smartphone, too heavy and can be deformed...
I love the internal specs of the 930 but I really don't like the body. It's a big fail!
I prefer the body of my wife's 735 ! Highly better conception

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Well the 930 as well as any other phone isn't supposed to be kicked, dropped etc. U have to be careful with it. It is a delicate piece of electronics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss