Lumia 950: Emails not sending, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950: Emails not sending

Got a new Lumia 950 about 10 days ago. Set up my 2 email accounts (Gmail, Exchange) and, initially, they both worked correctly. I was receiving messages and could reply.

Starting two days ago, out of the blue, I can no longer send messages. I am still receiving messages on both accounts. But, attempts to reply (or send a new message) result in a red "x" showing up in my inbox (next to my sent message). When I click on the message that did not send, it says "There was an error sending your message."

I just tried deleting both email accounts and reconnecting them. No luck. I'm still having the same problem.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I'm really stuck. THANK YOU!

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950: Emails not sending

Got a new Lumia 950 about 10 days ago. Set up my 2 email accounts (Gmail, Exchange) and, initially, they both worked correctly. I was receiving messages and could reply.

Starting two days ago, out of the blue, I can no longer send messages. I am still receiving messages on both accounts. But, attempts to reply (or send a new message) result in a red "x" showing up in my inbox (next to my sent message). When I click on the message that did not send, it says "There was an error sending your message."

I just tried deleting both email accounts and reconnecting them. No luck. I'm still having the same problem.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I'm really stuck. THANK YOU!

I used the same email setup configuration that I had in my Lumia 1520 that I knew worked, but oddly enough I had the same issue, and couldn't get to the bottom of it with my 4 imap email address setup, when setting up the email addresses in my Lumia 950

What I ended up doing to resolve the issue temporarily, till ither another user, or microsoft come up with the answer was to have just one email address. So for eg: I would have my microsoft account in Outlook & and have the same email address as my microsoft account setup through my IP, obviously with a different password. So I would receive my email messages to my IP setup imap account, eg, david.*****.*****@virginmedia.com Password: * * * * * * And send emails from my microsoft email address: david.*****.*****@virginmedia.com Password ****************** setup, now I can send and receive, using one email address. Pain in the rear end to be honest.

Last edited:

Andy Greenhalgh

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Similar issue here on a Lumia 640 LTE after upgrading to WP10 using Outlook mail app and my Gmail
account. Can send text emails and small attachments(200kb) but cannot send larger or multiple attachments,
Any thoughts on how to address ?
Thanks,
Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb