Lumia 950 - Replacement battery

Philip Livingstone

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am just about to buy a Lumia 950, with the Desk Dock and swap the Sim out of my 925 into it.

I don't buy a new phone every year, or even every 2 years - I've been quite happy with my Lumia 925 since 2013, but want to try Continuum, so am upgrading to a Windows 10 phone...

Is it worth buying a second battery as a backup?

If so, what should I look for on Amazon/ebay UK?

thanks for your help

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what condition the battery in the 950 is in.
The battery in good condition should last a day for most people.
My Lumia 950 is 18 months old & I've just ordered a new genuine Lumia 950 battery from Ebay UK as my current battery is worn out. £15 delivered from a trusted seller.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
New genuine battery has transformed my L950, i can manage a whole day away from a charger again. Cheap enough next day via Amazon.
NOTE: I did originally order a battery via Ebay but it never arrived & ended up with a refund as the seller couldn't provide a replacement.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad the Amazon battery worked out for you, but the only battery I see on Amazon that claims to be "genuine OEM" has several bad reviews. Does fast charging work with your new battery?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am just about to buy a Lumia 950, with the Desk Dock and swap the Sim out of my 925 into it.

I don't buy a new phone every year, or even every 2 years - I've been quite happy with my Lumia 925 since 2013, but want to try Continuum, so am upgrading to a Windows 10 phone...

Is it worth buying a second battery as a backup?

If so, what should I look for on Amazon/ebay UK?

thanks for your help
I'm (un)fortunate to be on my fourth 950 and have the battery from my original cracked-screen one. But, I've always tried to use phones with replaceable batteries and have almost always purchased non-OEM ones for phones (and cameras). And I always go with Amazon because it's so easy for me to return anything that doesn't fully satisfy me. In this 950 case, however, there aren't many options or cost-differentials. I'd still try there first, going with one that has more and better reviews and is directly from Amazon, or at least "fulfilled by Amazon" to make any necessary return easier. Good luck.

BTW, my second-hand 950 battery works as great as my original one, lasting all day at least, and I only tote the backup on hi-photo days.

anon(6099202)

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a good replacement battery, this will be my 4th battery for my Lumia 950. The previous batteries I bought started working badly after a few days of use. I guess all of them are broken because they are produced so long ago?
Does someone know where I can buy a recently produced battery?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a good replacement battery, this will be my 4th battery for my Lumia 950. The previous batteries I bought started working badly after a few days of use. I guess all of them are broken because they are produced so long ago?
Does someone know where I can buy a recently produced battery?

If you're in Europe, i'd advise going with https://rounded.com/microsoft-lumia-950-lumia-950-dual-battery-bv-t5e-3000mah-0670775.html

If you're in the US, i'd recommend calling Palcotech (https://www.palcotech.com/) and placing an order on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes