Lumia 950 text size issues after latest (August 2016) update?

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody else have this problem:

Since the latest update the Edge browser on my Lumia 950 is virtually unusable if you scale the text up past 100% (Ease of Access > More Options > Text size) on some, but not all, websites.

I used to have it set at 150% but have now had to scale it down to 120% or the text labels on the tiles is too big. I like the new bigger text size on the tiles but it also massively increases the text size on many websites to an unusable scale. Anybody know a fix please?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody else have this problem:

Since the latest update the Edge browser on my Lumia 950 is virtually unusable if you scale the text up past 100% (Ease of Access > More Options > Text size) on some, but not all, websites.

I used to have it set at 150% but have now had to scale it down to 120% or the text labels on the tiles is too big. I like the new bigger text size on the tiles but it also massively increases the text size on many websites to an unusable scale. Anybody know a fix please?

fix might come with the next update - a lot of users have seen this

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. "Might come with the next update" isn't exactly encouraging. I'm not one to complain about many of the little foibles that some seem to think represent a major crisis point in their lives but this is a real pain. I literally can't use the Edge browser for many sites now unless I go into the settings every time and reduce the Text Scaling back down to 100%

I was hoping it was just a setting somewhere. Last time I saw this issue was on an Android phone around 5-6 years ago!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. "Might come with the next update" isn't exactly encouraging. I'm not one to complain about many of the little foibles that some seem to think represent a major crisis point in their lives but this is a real pain. I literally can't use the Edge browser for many sites now unless I go into the settings every time and reduce the Text Scaling back down to 100%

I was hoping it was just a setting somewhere. Last time I saw this issue was on an Android phone around 5-6 years ago!

what about changing display scaling in display options?

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
what about changing display scaling in display options?

Brilliant! That does the job. That has increased the text size without any noticeable effect on the display, while leaving web pages unchanged, exactly what I wanted.

I would have been surprised if it wasn't something in the settings, the trick was finding it. Many thanks, much appreciated. Happy again now :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Brilliant! That does the job. That has increased the text size without any noticeable effect on the display, while leaving web pages unchanged, exactly what I wanted.

I would have been surprised if it wasn't something in the settings, the trick was finding it. Many thanks, much appreciated. Happy again now :)

If I remember correctly, there was user feedback where users wanted slightly larger fonts - it looks like MS overcompensated for that :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes