Lumia 950 XL Aux out plays Jittery, is anyone else having this problem?

amneo

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL Aux out plays Jittery

Its strange when I play music with the on board speakers it would play fine. It would also play fine with the headphones that came with the phone.

But what it would not play smooth with is when its lined out to the AUX IN of my car music player.

The music always plays jittery i.e it would stop and start.

To see if the cable is okay I tried with my Lumia 640XL and it worked like a charm.

For some reason when I Line Out the Gadget App does not launch on its own.

Anyone Else facing the same problem ?

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL Aux out plays Jittery

Off-topic:
What about Headphones/Earphones plug/jack, do you get any static noise instantly when plugged in, or when music is on pause, static noise can be heard even when playing .flac noticed some jittery.

Lumia 950 .63 with newest firmware.

Last edited:

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

I can try again to verify if I have the same static noise. But I'm using 50 ohm in-ears and so noise will be hard to detect. Which earphones are you using ?

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Tried several, ear-phones MDR-EX650AP, XBA-A1AP, XBA-H3 and headphones MDR-V55 from SONY and Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus from Creative.

And somehow with MDR-EX650AP i hear less static noise, a bit softer, quieter, then others and when these are not even the best from what i mentioned, and only 32 ohm, but ohm's should not be the case here, when plugging to other devices I don't get any noise.

Just tried my 6 years old EP-630 from Creative, with one ring from jack gone, they still play pretty good, but nothing to comment here, loudest static noise.

Last edited:

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Ok bad bad bad: I just tested audio playback again and my left channel hiss is back with 0 logical reason. This phone is so disappoining in some disciplines.

Also when using a simple audio amplifier I can hear tons of weird audio noise when using next track / prev track / etc. commands. But I don't have static noise at all.

For audiophiles this phone (firmware, software, what ever causes this) is a no go right now.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, sometimes I get clicks, etc. sounds too, when changing tracks, but I noticed that this happens not on all players, and depends on audio rips you use, mostly I use high quality .flac Sample rate: 96000 Hz, Bit rate: 24.

Other then that. I always been very happy with audio playback quality on Lumias, really hope they fix this soon. And the speaker problem, buzz-poping, clicking sounds, which is reported and yet not fixed.

My guess something interfering, I really hope it is not a hardware problem, but a audio driver from OS or firmware that will be fixed, but again, it needs to be reported to a Windows Feedback, otherwise how they know.

Last edited:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Seems another design flaw by MS :(. Aren't they capable of delivering a quality product? isn't anyone testing these devices before releasing them to the masses?? oh wait I have forgot that mr CEO decided that engineers in the testing department are no longer needed and ditched them...:| I have also had this issue on my 950 with the latest firmware, kinda hard to notice, but in my card I could hear it very good through the AUX IN. Never had this problem on any previous lumia or iphone device. This was one of the reasons, besides many others, for which I've returned mine and got something else..The phone is awesome, but the OS is a nightmare, an unpolished mess made in a rush.The 950 with 8.1 would have been a total hit!

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Based on my recent purchases of Microsoft products (950 XL, Surface Pro 4 i7, accessories) I am quite sure that quality assurance is close to non existent. Or alternatively it exists but no one takes care of the reported issues.

The end results is a ton of pain for the customers which might be "ok'ish" for hardcore fans like me etc. but it's zero capable of working out in the mass market.

I cannot believe that MS is not aware of it. For sure they know but the affected products might simply not have budget, priority, etc. In addition is really hurts a lot that MS is never commenting on these issues reported - except support "engineers" recommending device resets as the solution...

Maybe Satya Nadella is now slowly killing MS mobile phone efforts. The recent news that Lumia team is now part of Surface team, very little to no progress on W10M, Microsoft apps on iOS/Android partially far superior to W10M ones, etc.

I really hope I am totally wrong with this.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Based on my recent purchases of Microsoft products (950 XL, Surface Pro 4 i7, accessories) I am quite sure that quality assurance is close to non existent. Or alternatively it exists but no one takes care of the reported issues.

The end results is a ton of pain for the customers which might be "ok'ish" for hardcore fans like me etc. but it's zero capable of working out in the mass market.

I cannot believe that MS is not aware of it. For sure they know but the affected products might simply not have budget, priority, etc. In addition is really hurts a lot that MS is never commenting on these issues reported - except support "engineers" recommending device resets as the solution...

Maybe Satya Nadella is now slowly killing MS mobile phone efforts. The recent news that Lumia team is now part of Surface team, very little to no progress on W10M, Microsoft apps on iOS/Android partially far superior to W10M ones, etc.

I really hope I am totally wrong with this.

Many hope that too, but the facts are the facts. I imagine what would happen is MS simply kills the mobile platform like it did with the RT. Imagine all the users having a Windows Phone what would do then? sell them? who would buy them? I foresee a lot of angry users, the same situation like it was with the Win RT, users left with their pockets empty after investing in a dead platform. I really don't want to be a negativist but I must see the real thing: MS does not invest time and resources in the mobile platform anymore and the reality shows it. It treats it's fans like nothing with new devices that have issues and an OS that is buggy as hell.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes good example. It simply is a totally different experience when a company strongly believes in it's product and growth potential. The most obvious hint is that (I feel) there is no marketing for W10M and mobile devices.

I personally would move to my Android phone as a primary device if W10M would die down.

The big problem with all that is that W10M and Lumia devices do have potential. Friends are all pretty impressed by the Lumia 950 XL + Mozo leather over + W10M on the first glance. But I always have to recommend them not considering it because of the uncertain future and bugged experience.

We'll see what happens. But it's really a hard landing after this super amazing MS presentation last year (950(XL), Surface Book, Surface Pro 4). So many promises and such an contrary experience.

Meanwhile I actually do enjoy the 950 XL if I force myself to ignore the obvious imperfections. Same for the Surface Pro 4 with it's great hardware but extremely limited battery run time of 4 hrs of productive work, battery drain fully shut down, power limited Iris graphics, battery drain under heavy load even though power adapter is connected, etc.

I spent 3000€+ into Microsoft's promises and that was a mistake for sure. Very naive, very ******'ish.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes good example. It simply is a totally different experience when a company strongly believes in it's product and growth potential. The most obvious hint is that (I feel) there is no marketing for W10M and mobile devices.

I personally would move to my Android phone as a primary device if W10M would die down.

The big problem with all that is that W10M and Lumia devices do have potential. Friends are all pretty impressed by the Lumia 950 XL + Mozo leather over + W10M on the first glance. But I always have to recommend them not considering it because of the uncertain future and bugged experience.

We'll see what happens. But it's really a hard landing after this super amazing MS presentation last year (950(XL), Surface Book, Surface Pro 4). So many promises and such an contrary experience.

Meanwhile I actually do enjoy the 950 XL if I force myself to ignore the obvious imperfections. Same for the Surface Pro 4 with it's great hardware but extremely limited battery run time of 4 hrs of productive work, battery drain fully shut down, power limited Iris graphics, battery drain under heavy load even though power adapter is connected, etc.

I spent 3000€+ into Microsoft's promises and that was a mistake for sure. Very naive, very ******'ish.

Not ******'ish, you admit the problems MS has. While the surface will for sure improve via firmware updates, as it always did, I cannot say the same for the phone in this moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2