Lumia 950 XL: should i replace my screen or throw the phone ?

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Well I cracked the screen on my 950 XL on Christmas day. The new phone now only costs half the price of when it was first launch. I called up the service center and asked about the repair cost. I was informed that the screen+display cost half the price of a new phone and I still need to pay for labor. I tried searching on eBay and the screen+display cost about the same as what the service center quoted.
Is it possible to just to change the front screen and use back the old display. Have anyone successfully separated the screen from the display?

There are a few threads about it and even a youtube.

Screen and display are so fragile that chances are very high you will break it trying to repair it.

If you want to repair the screen the best option is Palco repair service. https://www.palcotech.com/repair.aspx?Manufacturer=Microsoft+%2f+Nokia&Device=Microsoft+Lumia&Model=Lumia+950+XL&Color=Black&Network=At%5bAND%5dt&Issue=Broken+Screen

I've used them twice and they do a fantastic job.
It will cost ~200 after shipping costs.

At this point though, I'd say if the device is usable dont waste money on fixing it and if you have to by a new one for only $300.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo