Lumia 950 XL text message delay ( both sent and received)

Shriniwas Shukla

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

got my 950 Xl yesterday. I am not able to send.receive text messages on my new phone. tried hard reset/ soft reset twice but no luck . Its not a network issue as i am able to Send/receive text if i insert the same sim card in another phone ( android ) . i am on .218 build.

anyone facing the same issue or faced before ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

got my 950 Xl yesterday. I am not able to send.receive text messages on my new phone. tried hard reset/ soft reset twice but no luck . Its not a network issue as i am able to Send/receive text if i insert the same sim card in another phone ( android ) . i am on .218 build.

anyone facing the same issue or faced before ?

could it be an issue with network settings? can you check with network provider?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You aren't alone. I've noticed a distinct delay between when I hit the "send" button and when the Messaging app shows the SMS/MMS as having been sent. It's annoying but not a showstopper.

Edit: And just so you know, this is happening on the Fast Ring 14332 build (since I noticed that you called out that you're on the Production 10586.218 build).

Shriniwas Shukla

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
You aren't alone. I've noticed a distinct delay between when I hit the "send" button and when the Messaging app shows the SMS/MMS as having been sent. It's annoying but not a showstopper.

Edit: And just so you know, this is happening on the Fast Ring 14332 build (since I noticed that you called out that you're on the Production 10586.218 build).

for me its a showstopper. I am not even getting OTP for whatsapp , OTP from bank etc. I dont know if i should try for windows recovery tool.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
for me its a showstopper. I am not even getting OTP for whatsapp , OTP from bank etc. I dont know if i should try for windows recovery tool.
I have no idea as to what you're referring to when you say "OTP". Your title says:

[h=1]Lumia 950 XL text message delay ( both sent and received)[/h]
Therefore, I am responding to the idea that there is a delay in sending texts from my phone. That's it. You've kind of changed the subject by mentioning whatsapp or banks. I receive texts in a timely manner, so there is a bit of a difference in my overall experience from yours. It is possible that a reset would give you better behaviors. Just be sure to grab a backup of your SMS/MMS using "contacts+messages backup" from the Windows 10 Mobile store before you do.

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Disconnect from WiFi if you are connected to WiFi, the texts will get received. If not, toggle airplane mode off and on and you'll get your texts.

Btw, OTP stands for One Time Pin. The message u get for authentication that normally has 5 or 6 digits

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Btw, OTP stands for One Time Pin. The message u get for authentication that normally has 5 or 6 digits
That's the trouble with randomly using acronyms. They don't always get widely used. This is the first time I've encountered it.

In short: Thanks for that!

Shriniwas Shukla

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Disconnect from WiFi if you are connected to WiFi, the texts will get received. If not, toggle airplane mode off and on and you'll get your texts.

it seems this issue is because of wifi.
thanks for the help guys :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So wait disabling wifi lets it work? That's not a real solution. I would do a factory reset and not restore any backups and if it persists you may want to exchange the unit. I don't have this problem at all. I'm even running the newest redstone build. Mine is a clean install after reset with no backups done. I truly believe restoring backups can cause issues. Simply because of how Windows works with the registry. And the phone is not immune to registry issues. Restoring a backup will modify registry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo