Lumia 950xl dual sim overheating and 🔋 drain, abnormally.

JONAS BEDIE

May 10, 2017
Visit site
My Lumia 950xl dual sim in the last couple of days have been experiencing serious overheating, takes longer time in charging to full and worse, the phone overheats - draining the battery to zero.
Please, kindly educate me on the possible cause(s) and solution(s).

Thanks.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Funny, you should mention this. I don't have a dual sim, but lately, I have been experiencing the same problem as you. battery drain in literally seconds for no reason. shutdown when it was about 50% with a flat battery icon. restarting in the middle of an inconvenient time, heck even restarted when I wasn't using the phone!

Just posted it off to microsoft to be fixed. I suspect battery fault, but I can't post the battery so I am not convinced they will see the problem. And neither can I buy a genuine battery (I know you can buy a non-genuine battery, but I just don't trust it that well)

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it is a faulty battery. mine do feel hot. but drains the battery at a normal rate. Though, I can't say what is the normal battery drain for 950XL. It varies from every build. you may need to consider what build your using. You may try reverting back using WRT and see how it goes

tnadera

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a battery problem, mine did this and I changed the battery and it works fine now. There is something wrong with the 950XL that ruin the batteries.
Go and buy a new battery, I bought mine from amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb