Lumia Black Update

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It is the update 3 not the black update that give you the ability to have personal text and email ring tones
This is incorrect.

Black (which is Nokia) includes GDR 3 (which is Microsoft). Individual volume controls and ringtones/messaging alerts are part of the Windows Phone 8.1 update. Totally different. . .

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
This is incorrect.

Black (which is Nokia) includes GDR 3 (which is Microsoft). Individual volume controls and ringtones/messaging alerts are part of the Windows Phone 8.1 update. Totally different. . .
I dont think I am wrong. I have had the update 3 since December and was able to personalize my text and email tones when I got that update. You are right about the seperate volume controls only with 8.1. Just so everybody knows I just was able to download the Nokia Storyteller and Beamer apps.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I dont think I am wrong. I have had the update 3 since December and was able to personalize my text and email tones when I got that update. You are right about the seperate volume controls only with 8.1. Just so everybody knows I just was able to download the Nokia Storyteller and Beamer apps.

Cool, I just downloaded the apps as well! Thanks for the heads up!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is incorrect.

You're right about individual volume controls being in wp8.1, but custom text/ringtones is a GDR3 feature. Not black. Black only added support for apps like Beamer and Storyteller, as well as notifications on Glance screen.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Is it confirmed that this update brought Bluetooth 4.0? I've always had somewhat of a audio streaming issue with my Clarion car stereo and this phone. Typically I would only get choppy audio once in a while. Now after this update its awful.

chrisbash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get this error message during "preparing to install" phase: "update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018830f)". I've tried installing it dozens of times.

Same issue here. I have not found any reliable solution other than hard reset which I'm trying to avoid.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. I have not found any reliable solution other than hard reset which I'm trying to avoid.

I have the same issue. I've restarted the phone, and soft reset the phone, dozens of times and still can't get the update to go through. In another thread, another user said he tried a hard reset and it didn't work either. I contacted Nokia and Verizon support, but neither replied yet.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they are delayed getting the AWS update ready...

Nokia received permission from the FCC: ID QMNRM-860 (Approved Feb 22, 2013) for an in the field software upgrade that would enable LTE band 4 (UL 1710-1755 Mhz, DL 2110-2155 MHz) on the Lumia 928. I contacted Nokia Care and received the following reply.

"I hope for your kind understanding as for now, there is no such information available in our end regarding the radio software upgrade enabling AWS on the Lumia 928." Josh (10:07:56)

I have posted on the Nokia Discussions forum concerning this and will post any responses I get here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire