Lumia Denim Camera Walkthrough and Comparison

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, your video looks and sounds really pro, well done.

Now one question and a comment :

a) Could you compare "out of the box" JPG from cyan930 and denim930? I'm asking this because the first shots I've seen so far look oversharpened and details look lost in the shadows ("too black")

b) My comment : when you compare "DNG" files, what does it mean? A .DNG /has/ to be processed, so it's a JPG or any other format that you're showing, aren't you? You can't show a DNG file without "interpreting" it, so I don't really get the point of a DNG comparison (whilst a JPG one would be great, refer above).

Thanks again ;)

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Very nice video demonstration man. Can't wait for the update, but i somehow downloaded the Lumia Moments app and it's already working, still on Cyan heh :) Only thing the phone can't open that action shot files when saved, i can only see them in the explorer. Best frame thing still works tho :) Have to wait till the update i guess :) 930 here

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, your video looks and sounds really pro, well done.

Now one question and a comment :

a) Could you compare "out of the box" JPG from cyan930 and denim930? I'm asking this because the first shots I've seen so far look oversharpened and details look lost in the shadows ("too black")

b) My comment : when you compare "DNG" files, what does it mean? A .DNG /has/ to be processed, so it's a JPG or any other format that you're showing, aren't you? You can't show a DNG file without "interpreting" it, so I don't really get the point of a DNG comparison (whilst a JPG one would be great, refer above).

Thanks again ;)

Yeah.. You're totally right. Pretty much just a mess up on my end. If you notice, the cyan images even say DMG... As in a mac file extension. So that's what happens when you rush through things ;)

The comparisons are definitely 16mp Jpeg. I just didn't have the energy to export the video again. Takes a while haha.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The only things missing in the new app are smart cam and audio filter. Too bad they removed smart cam, because moment capture for 830 is only in full HD and shots are lower quality than these from smart cam.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Where is the ability to take a portrait shots like it was possible in action shot and then change our faces with the face detection then choose the best face for each people in the picture ?

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Where is the ability to take a portrait shots like it was possible in action shot and then change our faces with the face detection then choose the best face for each people in the picture ?

As far as I can tell, you will need to use the classic camera for that. Hopefully it gets added in later.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell, you will need to use the classic camera for that. Hopefully it gets added in later.
Thanks for the fast answer ! That's sad, with each udate we're loosing some great stuff...

Another qquestion : We can now shoot in 4k 24fps if I understood. So now can we shoot at 720p 60fps at least ?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why the Lumia 830 with Denim already installed get this way less that perfect operating Lumia Camera where you have to use a trick to even open it, and has nothing better than a Lumia Classic Camera has except Video gets a brightness control wheel where Classic doesn't. Thanks MS for promising the moon but all we get is a flashlight beam behind a piece of paper, where "it might look like the moon if you really squint"

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Thanks! I think most people would appreciate fast startup.
I don't mind not taking shots that quick because the iphone is fast in taking pictures but its more likely to be crappy/blurry since autofocus is not fast enough. I would prefer fast startup. I think its good news to WP users, well for those who have the L930, 830, 1520. I believe older phones due to the processor and camera (must be pureview) won't get it
Start up is extremely fast. That much can be seen in the video. It's night and day really. I'd put it on par with that iPhone 6... As far as start up goes.

Actually snapping shots is waaaaay faster than normal, but still not on par with the iPhone 6. Again, I don't really mind since I feel like I'm getting better images than the iPhone 6 in most scenarios. I say most, because low light indoors is much better on auto on the IP6. That said, rich capture on Denim definitely gives us the boost, but as mentioned above, it takes a few seconds for those to snap and process.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is the Rich Capture on and off toggle, what enables the 4k video capture for Moments or is Rich Capture something different? So if you turn it off it then just takes normal photos?

galbenush

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. You're totally right. Pretty much just a mess up on my end. If you notice, the cyan images even say DMG... As in a mac file extension. So that's what happens when you rush through things ;)

The comparisons are definitely 16mp Jpeg. I just didn't have the energy to export the video again. Takes a while haha.

Can you pls clarify if the shots from the video are the unprocessed DNG files, from shooting in DNG(5+16) just turned into jpg as a file format to work with(without other stuff added), or are they in fact just the JPG that came out from shooting in JPEG(5+16) ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss