Lumia with 512 ram?

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia with 512 ram.

So what happens with lumia 630/635 and all 512 ram devices no 10?, do they just go into the bin?....and what about Universal apps on 8.1 wont these devices also miss some newer Apps?.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia with 512 ram.

No 10.

You can use the Insider program to update to 10, but you won't be able to go any farther than the current stable stuff. (so no Anniversary/Redstone update for you without fancy hacking)

But oh of course, you can buy a new Lumia.

And 8.1's days are numbered. virtually nothing will get updated from here on out, things will be made for 10 only.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

And 8.1's days are numbered. virtually nothing will get updated from here on out, things will be made for 10 only.

LOL, that has been the case from Windows Phone 7... Still many apps that were released when WP was but, was never updated...and the iOS/Android version has been updated 20 times...

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

LOL, that has been the case from Windows Phone 7... Still many apps that were released when WP was but, was never updated...and the iOS/Android version has been updated 20 times...

You think they'd make a version for 512 models, must be 1000's out there. Oh well I prefer 8.1 anyhow myself so Ill keep using it till I like 10.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

No windows 10 mobile update for 512 mb ram.....due to performance reasons....
And apps that specifically designed for windows 10 mobile
You cant use them on wp8 or 8.1.

If you visit windows store you can see there is a note in some apps......if you want to use this app you have to upgrade to windows 10......

And according to many sources, Microsoft said windows phone isn't their focus this year......cheeerrrsss.

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

No windows 10 mobile update for 512 mb ram.....due to performance reasons....
And apps that specifically designed for windows 10 mobile
You cant use them on wp8 or 8.1.

If you visit windows store you can see there is a note in some apps......if you want to use this app you have to upgrade to windows 10......

And according to many sources, Microsoft said windows phone isn't their focus this year......cheeerrrsss.

It's becoming more obvious it isn't their focus then why would developers even care??. , doesn't seem like it runs great on 1 gig of ram from what i read. First, 512MB RAM phones will not get Windows 10 Mobile officially. Next, 1GB phones will not get Redstone officially. After that, SnapDragon 4xx will not get Redstone 2. Then only Surface Phone will receive updates. Your device will be f*cked soon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

You think they'd make a version for 512 models, must be 1000's out there. Oh well I prefer 8.1 anyhow myself so Ill keep using it till I like 10.

Best thing to do, is to hack some registry files and get it working (not sure if can apply to all 512mb models) and you can update. That will prolong your phone for a lot longer.

8.1 is still more stable than 10 in a lot of cases but, It's time is numbered, of course you can use all the features it has built in for years to come but, the limited apps on WP will be more of an issue going forward.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

It's becoming more obvious it isn't their focus then why would developers even care??. , doesn't seem like it runs great on 1 gig of ram from what i read. First, 512MB RAM phones will not get Windows 10 Mobile officially. Next, 1GB phones will not get Redstone officially. After that, SnapDragon 4xx will not get Redstone 2. Then only Surface Phone will receive updates. Your device will be f*cked soon.

Don't get confused..
I am not complaining,about why 512 mb ram couldn't get windows 10 and app development and focus of Microsoft on wp......
And I also know the update cycle....
I am just giving answer to his question.
That's it.

Shashank Makkar

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

the fact that initially microsoft did state that all phones with 8.1 will be upgraded to 10 bums me out. sure, 512 b ram is limited and yes they made a mistake on the estimate. ah! anyways have to buy a new lumia . my aging 720 got shattered .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99