Mail account keeps showing old alias

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I used the alias feature from my wife's Microsoft account to remove an old alias and create a new primary alias. This worked well. She now has the renamed account on all devices. We also added a second external account (not an alias) for only sending messages. The problem is that her email account (on Windows 10 Mobile) keeps displaying the old alias instead of the new primary alias (even after adding a new account with the new primary address). She receives all email send to the new primary alias without an issue, but the account name shows the old alias that was removed from the Microsoft account. What can I do about this?

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand exactly what you mean. I have the same setup: one main Microsoft account and one external address added for sending only (this is possible on the settings page of Outlook.com). The e-mail account in Windows 10 Mobile shows the same email address as the Microsoft account. That is what I want for my wife. She now has one Microsoft account with one external address added. The old alias isn't available anymore and removed completely. Why does it show up then as the email account on her phone with the email that comes from the main Microsoft account?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand exactly what you mean. I have the same setup: one main Microsoft account and one external address added for sending only (this is possible on the settings page of Outlook.com). The e-mail account in Windows 10 Mobile shows the same email address as the Microsoft account. That is what I want for my wife. She now has one Microsoft account with one external address added. The old alias isn't available anymore and removed completely. Why does it show up then as the email account on her phone with the email that comes from the main Microsoft account?

I meant deleting the account from the phone and adding it back :sweaty:

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You don't think a hard reset will help? Or do you think that is the solution? I find it strange that adding an email account with a new alias ends up with the old alias.

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Done! It was a lot of effort, but it did the trick. Also thanks to the backup feature. Now all accounts are displayed like they should and that is a comforting thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricaFork