Major Issue with Keyboard

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
So this morning, for the 1st time ever, I noticed that the cursor for the Keyboard Cover is going nuts. When I move it, suddenly, it just disappears into the upper right or upper left hand corner. It even does this when I am tying or trying to use the cursor to point at links.

This has never happened and then overnight, started happening to me. It's doing it right now as a matter of fact.

Anyone else experience this and if so, the problem was resolved how? I have not had one single issue with my SP3 up until this point, but with all the software and hardware bugs I have read, now I'm beginning to wonder if there is an overall bigger issue here.

Thanks

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've done all that is suggested. Detached...reattached...reboot...just now saw I had new updates...did that. No dice. Same issue. It's going haywire...When I move the cursor it just keeps disappearing into the corners and I cannot even click on certain links without this happening. Wondering if the trackpad is damaged. Thinking of getting one via Amazon and if it works, then this one is damaged and perhaps I can get a new one via Microsoft store? What is the warranty on these or return policies? What a pain in the !@#

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From my experience, if you had bought the type cover from the Microsoft Store, simply go to the store and show them your issue. They might use your type cover on another Surface device to see if they can replicate the issue. Then, they can see if the type cover needs replacing or your Surface device might have an issue with the connector. It most likely will be the type cover that is causing the problem so they'll just swap your old one with a brand new one. That's why I prefer buying my products from the Microsoft Store because the service is usually outstanding. Have gotten an arc mouse and phone replaced with minimal effort.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Just so we are clear, it types perfectly fine. But now, I cannot use the touchpad. And I'm also noticing when I leave it alone that not only does it disappear but if I look on my desktop it's bouncing all over the place. It highlights but does not click the recycle bin over and over again, as I see it doing it on it's own in upper left hand corner.

Very frustrating. I also removed the keyboard from the devices list, restarted, and then connect...didn't change the issue.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Can someone point me in the right direction for device drivers for the type cover for this device? I am removing and want to reinstall the driver

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Wow...How strange. I am back in my home office and suddenly there is no issue any longer.

What are the chances that there could have been an issue within the network I was connected to causing this problem? Is the keyboard operated by magnet and somehow I was getting interference from the building I was working in that was causing this issue? It's like nothing ever happened (guess I will be refusing the new keyboard I ordered from Amazon!)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow...How strange. I am back in my home office and suddenly there is no issue any longer.

What are the chances that there could have been an issue within the network I was connected to causing this problem? Is the keyboard operated by magnet and somehow I was getting interference from the building I was working in that was causing this issue? It's like nothing ever happened (guess I will be refusing the new keyboard I ordered from Amazon!)

Why did you order a new keyboard? You know your keyboard has a manufacturer warranty and you can get it replaced from Microsoft. There is no need to waste money buying a new one. Just send it to Microsoft and get a new one if the issue ever comes up again.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Any chance there was some conductive "dirt" on the touchpad? I've had similar things happen with touch screens before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs