Maps not working correctly

freedomispopular

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I've just started having an issue with Windows Maps. It gives me directions fine, and detects my location fine, but when it's following my location on the map, it's like it gets all laggy and janky (it's hard to describe). If I take the focus off my car, it shows it following along the road fine, but when I refocus it on my location, it gets all laggy and janky again. But it's clearly following my location because it still shows X number of feet/miles until my next turn...it's just not showing it properly on the actual map. This has been happening on the 950 XL I just got, and on the 640 XL, but it was working fine on the 640. Any thoughts? I tried resetting it, but it kept me on build 15043 (is there some way to get it off the Insider build?)

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Im also experiencing some funny behavior..... I'm just going to give it time and let it pass. I'm using a 950 xl and it started about a week or two ago

freedomispopular

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like it may have just been a bad update or something...that's encouraging. Except for that I'm about to go on a long road trip and Maps is pretty useless at the moment :unhappy:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Both you guys need to send feedback to MS if you can (and haven't already), and thanks for the "beware of":^0 heads up.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
maybe something wrong with the downloaded map? try to delete the maps and then redownload them.

Also if on external, maybe try it on your internal memory

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On the latest fast ring build they mention that they fixed a flicker problem in maps on some devices. Maybe that fixes it?

• "We fixed an issue resulting in a flicker on certain devices, such as the Lumia 950, when interacting with the Maps app after rotating the phone into landscape mode."

freedomispopular

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Update: I reverted to factory settings using the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool, and updated to the latest available stable build (14393). I'm no longer having any issues. That fix they mentioned 15047 may or may not be the issue I was having. But it's clearly something to do with build 15043.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pah66