Maps on win 10 and WP10

splcomp

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using maps and google? Why does the MS seem to give you the longest route and add lots of travel time? Anyone else notice this?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using maps and google? Why does the MS seem to give you the longest route and add lots of travel time? Anyone else notice this?

Yes. Maps (stock app on wm10 - haven't used google) does not like to route the fastest route (via. highway) in my personal experience using an 830. If I ignore the route that Maps gives me to a certain place and take the highway instead of the ridiculous stop and go city route it shows me, I'm constantly being nagged (via voice navigation) to exit the highway here, no -- here, no--make a u-turn and take this exit to some city street. Annoyed the heck out of me enough to go back to 8.1 and just use the HERE app. :grincry:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I no longer see an option to "show fastest" or " show shortest" route anywhere on the app, you can just select one of the routes it calculates though, if you scroll down and choose the one you want, still, I think we just entered an "apple maps" era with Microsoft, just not with all the attention

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo