Maps Voice Navigation not working over Bluetooth

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
During my car travels, I have Lumia 950 connected to both my Band 2 and Toyota Corolla. Music, calls, text messages work completely fine as I expect them to with both connected to my phone. However, I cannot get voice navigation to work.

When I have Maps running with voice navigation, my music seems to pause, almost like it attempted to say something, then my music continues playing. I tried this without playing music, and I still can't get it to work.

We received a new update yesterday and one of the Reddit threads mentioned turn-by-turn voice navigation over Bluetooth was fixed. However, I tried today with the update and the issue continues.

Anyone know what the possible issue is? Or does Maps Voice Navigation not work over Bluetooth at all for Win10 Mobile?

Albert Held

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Same issue Toyota Corolla but with Pioneer DEH-P8400 Tel and music streaming perfect but navigation from maps terrible also seems to want to talk over music, pauses but nothing happens. They need to bring back Hear Drive.

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Same with my L950 and 2016 VW. Phone works pefectly, but no voice guidance when using Maps.

Maps had an update today. Anyone tried it since today's update? I forgot to when I used the car today.

LimeSoda

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Nadella ....you need to sort out win 10 mobile, its a joke at the moment and a bad one at that . Stop firing people and start hiring people to sort it out. Otherwise say goodbye to any remaining relevance in mobile !

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you LimeSoda for that irrelevant off-topic post.

Voice nav is working fine for me on my 925 with Maps, exactly the same funtionality as HERE for me. Latest insider build (.63) installed

cjenk114

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Why is it irrelevant or off topic? This issue is just one of many causing grief to WM10 users, most of whom are early adopters.

useTEC

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you LimeSoda for that irrelevant off-topic post.

Voice nav is working fine for me on my 925 with Maps, exactly the same funtionality as HERE for me. Latest insider build (.63) installed
I actually think limesoda is all too relevant with that post. If the conversation isn't maps, it'd be about something else that's broken with Windows under mobile platform. The fact is that many of us are unwilling to admit it's broken and Microsoft either fails to notice or care as well. As of June 30, 2016 and because Microsoft failed to care about its users, HERE will no longer be supported on the Windows 10 platform leaving a great many of us to scramble for an alternative. For me on an older 920, voice nav works in HERE but not in Maps. Perhaps my phone is too old and if so, i won't go Windows again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
. As of June 30, 2016 and because Microsoft failed to care about its users, HERE will no longer be supported on the Windows 10 platform leaving a great many of us to scramble for an alternative. .

Instead blaming, a little googling let you learn Here packet was always owned by Nokia , not Microsoft, and given by licence till all 2015.
Nokia sold it to a consortium of luxury cars for they navi systems.

So MS developed Maps

That's all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria