Marketplace Bug - Anyone else?

AranAT

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been noticing on my Samsung Focus, that every couple of times I try to use the marketplace or the zune player, it will bug out, and fail to load. The only way to fix it that I know of is to reset the phone, which is starting to get a little bit frustrating. I tried leaving it on overnight last night without resetting to see if time would help fix it, but that didn't work, so I had to reset it again this morning. Anyone else out there experiencing something similar, or know how to solve this?

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been noticing on my Samsung Focus, that every couple of times I try to use the marketplace or the zune player, it will bug out, and fail to load. The only way to fix it that I know of is to reset the phone, which is starting to get a little bit frustrating. I tried leaving it on overnight last night without resetting to see if time would help fix it, but that didn't work, so I had to reset it again this morning. Anyone else out there experiencing something similar, or know how to solve this?

yep, same thing happening here. only way i've found to fix it so far is to reset.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing this has to be a bug, I've noticed it happening with Xbox Live Extras, Zune, Marketplace, games, etc... almost any application, but rarely. My bet is its a memory issue, or the OS isn't handling the application states properly.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Omnia and Marketplace occasionaly crashes for me too. I have to reset the phone to get it working again. It seems like a bug and needs fixing as it can be annoying.

kaffeenhed

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen twice on my Focus, and like other folks, have had to turn the phone off and back on before Marketplace would work again. Hopefully they'll get that fixed in the January update.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus also. I have the exact same issues.
Hi everyone,

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue as well a few times but not for a while now,
I would just hold down the power button for a few seconds to power off
and power it back on to fix the marketplace but it only effects the marketplace
on my phone everything else works fine...
very strange and I think its something to do with the marketplace its self and not the phone, I have also heard that they are makeing some marketplace changes as for example

when you search for an app it also searches all music and videos on the marketplace
they are fixing that now to only return app or what you search for so that is kewl...
I think Microsoft is really on the ball at listening to peoples complaints and returing results back to us. Not like before you would never hear back from them..

Phatso

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had the problem with the Marketplace hanging and upon reset, the phone COMPLETELY goes back to factory fresh, everything erased. This is actually my second HD7, my first one had such a bad hang that it fried the memory completely. I really hope they hop on the fixes because I am really loving the WP7 experience. Have you also had download hangs?

Lou

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this problem with Internet Explorer. It loads up a website, but stays blank until I reset it. I have a HTC HD7.

dvlsadvc8

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up for many who may be having marketplace issues... Specifically errors and stalling out when trying to download apps from the marketplace..

For whatever reason, it is important to have cookies enabled in internet explorer. I was receiving an error any time I tried to download anything from market place on my focus, but enabling cookies immediately solved the problem. Disabling again allowed me to reproduce the problem... So there is some sort of connection there.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Just a heads up for many who may be having marketplace issues... Specifically errors and stalling out when trying to download apps from the marketplace..

For whatever reason, it is important to have cookies enabled in internet explorer. I was receiving an error any time I tried to download anything from market place on my focus, but enabling cookies immediately solved the problem. Disabling again allowed me to reproduce the problem... So there is some sort of connection there.

Interesting theory. But I've never turned off cookies and the Marketplace still bugs out on me once in a while.

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't happened often - maybe 4-5 times since getting my focus.

When it has happened, the zune hub, marketplace, and xbox live all become unavailable until a soft reset. The zune hub has never crashed but if the other 2 crash, it seems to cause the same issue with all those hubs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc