Massive let down so far.

RainbowHurricane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Surface 3 with Cherry Hill chip, LTE, and 3 GB. 4While I like the physical device it just runs too slow to be used for any real work.

I've been debating getting a new surface Pro with i7 or the 5/LTE version for mobile. Very disappointed that MS doesn't offer the i5/LTE with 16GB ram. iPad Pro is just a much better device for mobile (although I wish it had mouse support). Qualcomm chips in Windows won't be any better as they are half as powerful as iPad A11 chip.

Thomas Hoff

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
i have the Surface Pro 3 I7 for years and love it. I use it daily for notes then dock to a 3 screen set-up. I cant see any lag. The Ipad Pro Operating System is a joke, so not sure why you would prefer it. Running watered down "apps" versus full blown applications is not in the same league imo - but to each their own... I bought the Surface Book 2 15" recently and love it - but still use the Surface Pro for daily note taking.

LukeLog

Dec 30, 2017
Visit site
I thought I'd finish off the story. I've my replacement device now for around 10 days and so far it's been very good. I've drawn with only minimal jitter, it's not given me any screen issues. Edge is throwing up some problems not deleting history but nothing major.

I even managed some very basic editing with it, only 720 prores proxies but still, it pulled me out of a sticky situation.If this carries on i'll be very pleased with my purchase.

CoachCsan

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, if you just updated a few days ago or this week then the reason for the sluggishness might have to do with the forced update we are all getting because of the meltdown and Spectre fix that are supposed to be temporary until we get the performance fix. But security is first and that’s why we are getting the drop in performance and it definitely sucks!

MarkDau

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Honestly I read these reviews sometimes and am shocked. I had a Surface RT, Surface Pro 1, Surface Pro 3, and Surface Book 1st gen. Not a single one ever gave me any trouble. I am not saying you're lying, but your experience doesn't sound like the norm.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I must say the i5 is as I expected fast enough but I straight away noticed that 4gb ram is nowhere near enough for it, 8 as a minimum. Shame there is no option with more ram.

CTROAMER

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
This is my first Surface Pro (i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD)and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I run AutoCAD and Photoshop and have Steam with Supreme Commander 2 and Civ V installed. everything runs great. Games are a little slow without a discreet card, of course, but playable. Haven't had any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos