Me tile not updating profile pic

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Seems there is a problem where on facebook it is not updating the latest profile picture as the main pic in the profile pic folder. So I deleted the old pic and this fixed the issue........kind of crappy work around as it should just work but at least I got it resolved

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Seems there is a problem where on facebook it is not updating the latest profile picture as the main pic in the profile pic folder. So I deleted the old pic and this fixed the issue........kind of crappy work around as it should just work but at least I got it resolved

you deleted the old pic from where exactly? from facebook's profile pic album?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem as well. What I had to do was after you select a picture through the Me tile section, hit the post button and it updated both my Hotmail and facebook picture. The problem is it created like a double post for my profile picture on facebook and it seemed lower res. So I just reverted the one on the website back to the better quality image and it keeps the one I set on my phone. Hope that makes sense.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem as well. What I had to do was after you select a picture through the Me tile section, hit the post button and it updated both my Hotmail and facebook picture. The problem is it created like a double post for my profile picture on facebook and it seemed lower res. So I just reverted the one on the website back to the better quality image and it keeps the one I set on my phone. Hope that makes sense.

ah, hopefully MS knows of this obvious bug now. Ty for the workaround!

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It worked! Thank you!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Np guys. Glad this workaround worked for you. I was getting tired of my old me tile so really wanted to change it ;)

Janis Q

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
What is GDR2? I am also having this issue with the me tile not updating ever since I updated the Facebook app to my phone a week ago.

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
GDR3 has not fixed this issue, still stuck on my old FB picture.

Don't want to add a double profile pic just to update it on my phone, bunch of junk.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
GDR3 has not fixed this issue, still stuck on my old FB picture.

Don't want to add a double profile pic just to update it on my phone, bunch of junk.

ya, its not normal and I don't like it either. Just my OCD kicked in and didn't like the old pic floating around on my phone. I just uplodaded the "new" one, went on my facebook right away to delete it...and as advertised above, synced facebook on my cell and boom! updated.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My Me tile "works", but before, my Me tile synced with my Hotmail account. Now it syncs with Facebook. This is bad for me cuz my Facebook account has a Tile Me! tile, so my Me tile on my phone now has a double "Me". Anybody know a fix to this particular issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire