Meet the Windows Phone developers risking everything to save Microsoft's platform

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Blatantly an article by someone who dislikes WP.

Its pure economics, that in a smaller marketplace, its a lot easier to gain visibility, and with a smaller choice, and people begging for certain apps, WP is actually a brilliant opportunity for the right apps.

With 100s of thousands of apps on iOS or Android, how do you gain any exposure? Especially when something like 40% have never even been downloaded from the official marketplaces.

I really wish i had a great idea for an app, and the time to develop it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a Catch-22. It's easier to gain exposure with the smaller marketplace, but yet the customer base is minuscule which makes it harder to get enough sales to pay off. If it eventually gets huge, like iOS & Android, then it's a win. I hope it works!

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Blatantly an article by someone who dislikes WP.

Its pure economics, that in a smaller marketplace, its a lot easier to gain visibility, and with a smaller choice, and people begging for certain apps, WP is actually a brilliant opportunity for the right apps.

With 100s of thousands of apps on iOS or Android, how do you gain any exposure? Especially when something like 40% have never even been downloaded from the official marketplaces.

I really wish i had a great idea for an app, and the time to develop it.

Just keep your ear to the ground on these boards. I have noted at least a dozen times "this would be a great opportunity for a 3rd party developer."

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the customer base is minuscule

Miniscule? Windows Phone has somewhere between 3 and 6 percent of the market. I don't know the math, but I'll bet 3 to 6 percent in terms of actual users probably isn't remotely miniscule.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb