Messaging Quits Working, Why?

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Anyone else experience messaging all of a sudden deciding to stop working? What happens is it never opens up (and the phone does not lock up either). It just seems to be gone.

It happened once before and the only way to get it back was a hard reset and reloading of the apps and data (from a backup). I tried a complete system and data restore from a backup that I new had messaging working but nada to messaging after the restore..

I do have the ID1 update loaded but messaging worked fine for almost two months before this happened. So, I do not think the update has caused it, at least not directly.

I really hate this latest bug but think there has to be a simple explanation. Oh, it has happened twice now, both times on a Staurday evening, one week apart.

Any help, advice, or pointing me to a place where it is discussed would be greatly appreciated.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Found the fix here. Apparently it is a WM 6.1 issue where if you store email attachments on your SD card the file(s) in the inbox gets corrupted and the messaging app won't start. The solution is to delete the inbox folder and perform a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66